$50 wiper blades !!?? Are there no choices at all?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lezmark

:eek: I went to local Giant RV, all I wanted was some refills. Nope, here is what you need, $50 each please. This is the obviously the first purchase of RV wipers for me. I left without them and came home to do some research on the net. Doesn't look like there are many choices on 32" wipers. It looks to me from the inside that if I went down to a more common 28", it would not affect my vision. Anyone out there found a good source for refills or done anything creative to keep the costs down?
[edit]Removed white space.[/edit]

I had similar sticker shock, maybe worse. Then I found reasonably priced "heavy duty" replacement blades at our local Napa Auto Parts.

I was going to suggest NAPA, as well.  Mine are only 26", but had to try several places to find refills of that length.

Plenty of full wiper assembly's available in that length,(with prices to go with them), but few refills.  I found them at good old NAPA.

Unfortunately, I found the task of finding refills to be tough for the OEM ones on our Monaco. That's why I resigned myself to buying new blades, but was choking on the OEM replacement price.

I called the local napa and they referred me to their warehouse store and they said bring on down the part and they will match it up. They couldn't, and quoted me the same $49 a blade they could order. My blade has a hole in the center that is held in place by a small nut and bolt to the arm. I suggested I could go shorter but they looked at that and said the blades they had connected different...

We have found the rubber refills available at most Walmarts to work very well and they do last longer than the OEM Trico blades.

My blade has a hole in the center that is held in place by a small nut and bolt to the arm.

So do ours, including the replacements I bought at Napa. Interesting. Can't recall the length of ours.

I lost the spray head on my drivers windshield wiper and ordered a
replacement, OUCH as it is a complete kit.  However this allowed me to find
the manufacturer, Wexco, and distributor, American Electric Ignition,
http://www.aeiokla.com/

I have not priced the kit but wiper blades were in the range on $5 to $8
each unlike the dealer prices I have had quoted.  Other parts are available
as well.

Let me know if you can still get them here as I haven't contacted them a about 11 months.

Mine had the same kind of attachment point. However, my wipers were only 24".  A Napa store had them in the back because they were not the premium refills.  They were really reasonable. 

I have the same type of attachment but with 26" blades. I bought a different type of 26" blade at Walmart and removed the rubber insert and put it my old blades. Worked fine.

Here is the URL for the TRico online catalog - they list most makes of motorhomes and it gives you the correct Trico part number for the blade  or refill. Finding somebody who stocks it may be another matter, as may be the price, but at least you know what to ask for.

http://www.tricoproducts.com/index.cfm?location_id=106

In our experience with Trico wiper blades they aren't worth even putting them on.  I'll stick with the Walmart refills that work better and last much longer.

I took the suggestion and went to Wal Mart and picked up a couple 28" rainex blades/arms for less than $10 each. I found that except for a metal/solder "lump" at the ends of a pins that ran thru the center that hinged the plastic adapter for conventional blades, they were a perfect fit! 30 - 40 seconds of a metal file took those "lumps" out and on the MH they went!! Although 4" shorter, I cannot see any disadvantages whatsoever. $9 or $50 - no brainer to me! I highly recommend this route.

I was told to go to a truck stop and get blades. You can get the length you need and far less than most places.

JIGGS said:
I was told to go to a truck stop and get blades. You can get the length you need and far less than most places.

Can you verify that for us, or was that just what your were told?

Actually based on my experience WalMart was more reasonable compared to one truck stop a few years ago but that could have changed or may depend on the truck stop.

I'm reminded of my search for a different size steering wheel for my Coach

Now the thing came with the optional delux wheel from Workhorse, a 350 item as I recall

I tracked down the company that actually made it, and had them make me one 2 inches larger (this allows me to see the speedometer)  One of a kind, hand made, custom wheel, same design as the delux job only the ribs are brushed aluminum instead of black anodized (or the other way around, frankly I don't care so it don't matter)  Delivered to my door $127

That's less than half what workhorse charged me for the production model

I usually see a vendor at FMCA conventions selling them. I think I paid about $30-35 each for the last pair of complete blades.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom