Important Message to all RV'er's from NPGAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCVJeff

I was just sent an email from the boys up at North Pole Global Air Operations asking all RV?ers expecting Santa tonight to please pay attention to the following guidelines in the interest of safety to the crew on duty tonight and expediency of each delivery. Here?s the text.

----------------------------------------snip-----------------------------------------------
To: All RV?s with scheduled sled arrival tonight
Date: December 24, 2008

IMPORTANT:
Please lower all TV & Satellite antennas, and solar panels flat to the roof to give the sled a place to park and the Reindeer won?t trip on things. If you need to keep your antennas extended, mark them with a red flashing marker with a 7 degree up angle to keep from bothering the neighbors. NO STROBES! It agitates the Reindeer and you will be bypassed. As mentioned, Solar panels should also be lowered to provide a reasonably flat landing surface. The entire weight of the sled and reindeer is less than 2 lb/ sq.ft., so no damage will occur. Likewise, please lower all open vent covers. Santa has a magic opener to get in where necessary.

Those that have roof parameter xmas lights on the RV are requested to leave them on tonight for short final visual. RV roof landings are particularly tricky due to the random positioning of RV's, especially in the boondocking areas. Also, please be aware that there can be significant Sled Wash depending on approach and departure, so either retract, or anchor all awnings.

NORAD is currently tracking our vehicle and are showing it to be on schedule throughout the nite.

Happy Holidays,
N.P.G.A.O.

-------------------------------------------snip-----------------------------------------

You're only going to warn the Winnebago owners and not the rest of us :D  I am not stowing my satellite antennas, Santa can land on the driveway.

Ned, I had the same thought.  The "Jolly ole soul" can use the driveway.  I did go out and remove the "beware of dog" sign though, just to improve my chances of a visit.

Ned said:
You're only going to warn the Winnebago owners and not the rest of us :D  I am not stowing my satellite antennas, Santa can land on the driveway.
If I double-post I might get spanked. Can you link it?

Santa - please help.. I know we are rural... but I don't have all the toys I need yet.  When you see the old AT&T microwave tower, go two clicks west.

Jeff, not to worry, I'm sure all the children here will see your message :)

With three Christmases down and only one more to go, I think we're all set. Santa can land anywhere he wants as long as he brings me a winning lottery ticket.

Ned said:
Jeff, not to worry, I'm sure all the children here will see your message :)
I'm just the messenger. NPGAP apparently is apparently locked out of the Internet for security reasons starting on the 24th, so I'm just passin' it on... ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom