wine cooler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1bgmxcn

Hello all,

I've searched around and I haven't found anything about this.  Does anyone know if they make a small wine cooler that would work in an RV?  At least 12 bottles.  We really enjoy wine and we are about to leave on a trip, and are not sure how to transport out favorite wines.  We keep them in a cooler here at home, and we are worried about the drop/rise in temperature will take away from the wine.  This will for sure be the first remodel we do to our rig if it is available.  I have a feeling the majority of our trips will be to various wine regions.

Here is a small list of what you can find online. 

If you Google "electric wine cooler" or "12 volt wine cooler" you will find many more options.

Steve

Please excuse my ignorance but I'm not really sure how anything in my rv really works.  I believe my refrigerator works on electricity when I'm plugged in, or my generator is running and propane the rest of the time.  I guess I was asking if there was a cooler out there that operates in the same way.  My concern is, would I have to drive with my generator running just to keep my wine cool?  I know my rv has a built in inverter that is used to power the TVs when the generator is off, is it feasible and a good idea to install another inverter or even use my current one to power the wine cooler?

1bgmxcn said:
.....is it feasible and a good idea to install another inverter or even use my current one to power the wine cooler?

If your current inverter is large enough to handle the load then yes you can run the wine cooler off the inverter while you're driving down the road.

It is always helpful if you add what type and model coach you have. Thus we can direct our answers to your questions more thoughtfully.

I have a house type refer in our coach. I usually run about 4 hours down the road with the generator off- unless it is real hot outside to run the acs. Then I run the generator about an hour to cool the temps in the refer. A good inverter and added batteries should do the trick without running the generator.

Back
Top Bottom