2003 Ulitmate Freedom - $90k a good price? A good coach? Known issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GTHill

Subject line may say it all... :) I have an opportunity to buy a 2003 Ultimate Freedom for $90k. According to other listings and NADA it looks like a good price, but in this buyers market I don't want to jump on any deal that appears to be good.

Does this coach have any known issues to contend with?
Any information that you could add would be very helpful. Thank you very much!

GT

The Ultimate's (Advantage & Freedom) represent Winnebago's effort at producing an upper-end coach and they are extremely popular among owners.  The quality of the woodwork (and the entire unit) is extremely high and you get the excellent Spartan chassis on the Freedom (maybe the Advantage also - I'm not sure.)  I really can't remember any particular problem area for the Ultimate's.

The later Freedoms I think were around $350K when new, so 90k could be a real deal - not sure.

Sounds like a GREAT price to me!! We have an '03 Ultimate Advantage (Yep, Spartan chassis too). We love the coach and the workmanship. We have had some little issues like on any coach, but no significant things to look for. Overall have been very impressed with the included "standard" features and the quality. The Freedom was priced quite a bit above the Advantage, and I would really hate to have to sell my '03 Advantage for a mere $90k !!

afchap said:
Sounds like a GREAT price to me!! We have an '03 Ultimate Advantage (Yep, Spartan chassis too). We love the coach and the workmanship. We have had some little issues like on any coach, but no significant things to look for. Overall have been very impressed with the included "standard" features and the quality. The Freedom was priced quite a bit above the Advantage, and I would really hate to have to sell my '03 Advantage for a mere $90k !!

Paul,

Thank you for the comments on this coach. I plan on looking at it in person to see how the floor plan would work out. Thanks again!

GT

That certainly seems like a great price and Winnie put their best into the Ultimate Freedom. The Ultimate series was popular as an upgrade with Winnebago owners but never seemed to catch on with owners of other brands when they shopped for a high line rig. Perhaps that might explain why the price is set so low.

Winnie told me they pulled the plug on the Ultimates because they "didn't want to compete at that price point" - I suspect they weren't getting the margins they needed and perhaps they weren't selling well.  Not sure about sales figures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom