HDTV for MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There should be a way to scan for the right remote code. The owners manual should tell you how to do that.

weeun,

We have a MotoSAT HDTV 3-LNB HD dish, an HR-21 DirecTV box, and a Sharp LCD HDTV.  I think you will be more satisfied if you program the DirecTV remote to control your TV.  We have always done it that way because most often you will be sending commands to the DirecTV box.  The only time we use the TV remote is when we use our external antenna to view thru-the-air TV which is very seldom.

BTW, shortly we will be getting the 5-LNB HD dish on the MH.

JerryF

Jerry:

If you are a Direct customer what will the 5 LNB receiver get you? I was told by the Direct tech that installed our new 3 LNB HD dish that all that is left on 110 and 115 are Spanish language channels and a few locals that are being moved to 93 and 103 as soon as possible. All  the new Direct dishes are 3 LNBs combined into one unit that looks very similar to the ones Terry and I installed on our Datastorm dishes at QZ. (One option may be that you could switch to Dish TV if you decide to at a later date.)

Jerry call Direct TV and ask what the 5 LNBs will get you that the 3 LNB doesn't.  Also ask what the future holds and if the 5 LNB dish will be of any value for you.  When I was looking into getting HD I was told I could get all my present channels and the HD channels with the 3 LNB dish.

Jeff & Ron,

I will check with DTV.  Also, I will ask MotoSAT because I think they need 110 to find the satellite.

JerryF

Jerry:

The dish we had installed at the lot at Happy Trails finds 101 and uses skew from there for 99 and 103.

Ron said:
Jerry call Direct TV and ask what the 5 LNBs will get you that the 3 LNB doesn't.  Also ask what the future holds and if the 5 LNB dish will be of any value for you.  When I was looking into getting HD I was told I could get all my present channels and the HD channels with the 3 LNB dish.

The old 3 LNB dish received 101, 110 and 119.  The new 3 LNB dish gets 99, 101, 103. 

PhilB

What I wonder is, would my MotoSAT Nomad 2 controller be able locate and lock-on the satellites using ONLY the NEW (99,101,103) triple LNB and my current dish which appears to be more round than oval.  My current dish is first MotoSAT HDTV skewable dish with the 3-LNB arm (see photo) which gets 101, 110, and 119.

JerryF   

Attachments

• HDTV.JPG
    HDTV.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 28
In a previous post I said I would ask MotSATand here is the answer.

Your current dish "HDTV skewable dish" cannot handle the new LNB for 101, 103, and 99.  If you
wanted to get those satellites you would have to purchase a new Mount
for the Roof. The existing cables and mounting plate and Nomad 2 can all
still be used, just not the actual dish on the roof.

I want the new MotoSAT dish with the 5 LNBs in case DirecTV ever again realligns the locations of the various stations.

JerryF

DirecTV isn't likely to reuse the other 2 satellites as their new home HD installations are all 3 LNB antennas using the cobra head.  They would have to replace thousands of those and they're aren't going to do that.

Ron said:
Thanks Phil.  Sounds like they are still undecided how many Sats to utilize.

There are some local stations carried on 119. If your locals are on 119, then you need that transponder.  Many Spanish speaking stations are on 119.  I believe all of the HD channels still on 110 are duplicated on 103 and 99 and will be removed from 110 over the next year. 

Most RV setups can get by with the NEW 3 transponder dish.  :)  The OLD 3 transponder dish is pretty much obsolete.

PhilB

Ron:

They are switching all signals off 110/119 to 99/101/103 but have not completed the process yet so have both signals for all the customers with older receivers that do not have 99/103. The current setiup duplicates just about all the local HD channels that are on 100/119 on 99/103 except for Spanish language channels. When they have everyone upgraded they will shut down the 110/119 signal.

Because they are going to have to switch all the older receivers they were willing to provide a free upgrade to us to a HD DVR for a $19.95 handling fee and taxes. As I said earlier I was told all the dishes Direst is installing uses the new three sat LNB (99/101/103). Some independent providers (like MotoSat) are still offering their older 5 LNB systems but unless you need Spanish stations I can't imagine why UNLESS you might want to switch to Dish TV in the future and then 110/119 would be available on a 5 sat LNB.

Seems only fair that if they are going to provide service in Spanish then they should also be required to provide it in German, French, Welsh, and others. ;D

Jeff,

I would love to get another DirecTV HD DVR.  How would I qualify for the $19.95 option??

JerryF

JerArdra said:
Jeff,

I would love to get another DirecTV HD DVR.  How would I qualify for the $19.95 option??

JerryF

Jerry:

This was my first HD DVR (we had purchased a SD version four years ago) but all I did was call Direct and told the first sales rep I talked to that friends had told me Direct would offer a free upgrade to HD including a DVR and asked if we qualified. She took about 45 seconds and came back with the offer we got in exchange for a two year contract. (Ours was up).

What I did not get was the price guarantee for the contract period that some have been offered. ???

Jeff said:
Jerry:

This was my first HD DVR (we had purchased a SD version four years ago) but all I did was call Direct and told the first sales rep I talked to that friends had told me Direct would offer a free upgrade to HD including a DVR and asked if we qualified. She took about 45 seconds and came back with the offer we got in exchange for a two year contract. (Ours was up).

What I did not get was the price guarantee for the contract period that some have been offered. ???

Did they ship it to you or send an installer?  If they sent an installer were you at your billing address or somewhere else?

Jeff,

Thanks for the info.  I will have to see what I can do with DirecTV but in the meantime I will have to get a new parabolic dish because mine is round and I need the dish that is much more oval in the horizontal (left/right) direction.

Ron,

Once, in the past, I refused the installer when I was upgrading DirecTV box (not the dish).  They argued and I argued and DirecTV finally gave in and mailed it to me at my billing address.

JerryF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom