Forum Rally Map

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

Tom

Neat map. Please change the Oro Valley, UT to AZ. It is just north of Tucson. Could you add dates to the pushpins?

Oops, it was way past my nap time. Thanks guys.

Bernie, good idea re dates; I assume you mean for the upcoming rallies, not the past ones.

Tom,

I like the map!  Neat addition!  One other idea is to add a button "RV Forum Rallies" so we can go to it directly.  Kind of an across-the-board sort of thing that everyone can use.

ArdraF

Thanks Ardra. If the map stays, I'll add a link in the menu. It's experimental right now, although I suspect it will be a keeper.

Edit: Thanks to the positive responses, the map is a keeper, and I've added a link in the menu; Click the Resources button above and scroll down to see the link.

Tom

I was thinking that the year(s) for rallies past and the dates for upcoming rallies. Let Betty, as keeper of the calendar, keep it updated ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Ned.  I just couldn't find any link and this thread had obviously been broken off of another, that I had missed somewhere along the way.

Tom:  Fred and I hosted a forum pre-rally for the big FMCA rally in Maine in the year 2000 (I think).  Our pre-rally was in Westbrook, ME, don't have the coordinates, but just outside of Portland, ME.  The FMCA was held at Brunswick NAS

Daisy

P. S.  Like the map.  Hope it stays.

Thanks Daisy, I'll get it added.

BTW you probably missed the announcement here. Looks like this feature is a keeper, and I'll get a link in the menu shortly.

Thanks Phil, I'll get 1999 added. It didn't come up in the discussion on rally photos, and I wasn't able to attend rallies back then, so I wasn't aware of it. Do you happen to have photos from that rally?

Y'all can thank Marsha for the idea of adding Google maps to the forum (we have another in the planning stage).

There's now a link in the menu; Click the Resources button above, and scroll down to Map of forum rally locations.

[quote author=Daisy]Fred and I hosted a forum pre-rally for the big FMCA rally in Maine in the year 2000 (I think).  Our pre-rally was in Westbrook, ME, don't have the coordinates, but just outside of Portland, ME.
[/quote]

Daisy,

Is this  the same rally that's labeled in our rally photo albums as the "NE rally in Portland, ME in 2000" (you and Fred are pictured at that rally), or were they separate rallies? Anyone recall the park or campground where this rally was held?

I've added this rally to the map with a temporary note saying it's an approximate location.

[quote author=BernieD]I was thinking that the year(s) for rallies past and the dates for upcoming rallies.[/quote]

Going forward is easy, but nailing down years and locations of past rallies has proven to be confusing at best  ;D 

FWIW all reported changes/updates have been made, although there are still one or two unknowns. I also need to research a couple of the older rallies not yet on the map. Y'all feel free to report any errors or omissions.

I really liked the map when I saw it earlier today.  Right now I can get the map, but not the push pins.  Probably a problem on my end, as our HughesNet shows a good connection at 54 mbps, but is agonizingly slow even so.

An idea:  would it be unnecessarily complicated to show the past rallies as one color push pin and upcoming rallies in another color?

Margi

[quote author=Tom and Margi] I can get the map, but not the push pins.[/quote]

Margi, I've read numerous messages on the Google forum complaining about a similar thing. The "best" answers people were given were to refresh/reload the page, empty cache, restart the browser, or any combination of the above. I think it's just that the images (pins) aren't downloading, which might be just an intermittent speed issue, somewhere between you and Google. Could even be an issue with their server, given the number of folks I saw complaining.

.... show the past rallies as one color push pin and upcoming rallies in another color?

That's a great idea Margi, thanks. Definitely one of those "HFWPOH why didn't I think of that?" ideas. I've changed the pins for past rallies to red and left the others blue. The "gray area" is those locations that are common to past and future rallies (e.g. QZ); I've left those as blue pins. I've added a note at the top of the page explaining the colors.

Anyone know which years rallies were held at Portal RV in Moab, UT besides 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007?

I believe they started in 2000 the first year after the last Centermost Rally which was in 1999.  Phil may be able to confirm this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom