Forum Rally Map

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, that sounds familiar Ron, thanks. hopefully Phil or someone will confirm.

Thanks Ned. I've added the years to the Moab pin.

Between the map and the new photo albums, it feels like we're re-creating a part of our forum history.

Tom said:
might be just an intermittent speed issue, somewhere between you and Google.

I'm sure it's a speed issue on this end.  Takes forever to do anything today. 

"HFWPOH why didn't I think of that?" ideas.

Thanks, Tom.  You're doing a terrific job of documenting  a lot of history of the forum. 

Margi

Thanks Margi. I couldn't do it without a lot of help and input from a large number of forum members and staff. My part is relatively easy once I have the material (facts, photos, etc) that folks have been posting &/or sending me.

Tom:  Gary Brink needs to give you locations of past S.E. Rallies.  They have been in 3 or 4 other locations than what are currently shown.  The West has too many and needs to be off-set.

I can provide the locations and approximate lat/lon for past SE rallys, but question whether they are of enough interest to bother. We've had SE rallys in two different locations each year for 11 years with only two repeat locations that I can think of, so that's a lot of pushpins.

Your choice Gary. Personally, I think it would be useful/informative when folks talk about rally or mini rally locations (past or future), but don't wish to put you to a lot of work. Adding the pins is a piece of cake once I know the park/city/state or GPS location, whichever is easier to provide. The US map is quite large, so some additional pins are unlikely to be an issue.

The challenge for many seems to be recalling where they were in a given year. I usually can't recall where I went yesterday  :(

Tom:

That is the same rally as the pictures you have.  It was held at Wassumpski Springs Campground.  Fred reminded me the address is actually Scarborough, ME, but it is right on the Scarborough, Westbrook, Portland line, so I get confused easily.  I think it actually lies ion Westbrook land, but the Post Office likes Scarborough better...... ;D

Daisy

Bob:

We were there at that mud rally of FMCA at Perry.  Fred says we had the Bounder, so had to be after Dec. of 1994, when we bought the Bounder, and prior to the fall of 1997, when we got the Dutch Star.  Our logs are out in th MH and we may get down there later today, so we'll try to remember to bring them back.

That was really a mess, but we saw some really hilarious and some really DUMB stunts people were doing to get "unstuck"....... 

There was a pre-rally of forum members at Highland ??? Campground.  Joel & Camilla were there, Sarah & "Elliot", George & Joanna Jannini and us and I can't remember the others right now, but I know there were several others.  That was the old Compuserve Forum members then, and some of them are no longer around or at least I haven't seen them here.  That was a really long time ago..... ;D

Daisy

Tom,
I've got most of the SE Rally locations and several of the GPS coords, so no big deal to get the rest. Will send you a text file soon.

I also need to peruse the gallery to see what rally photos I need to add.

Ken Kuch if you're reading this???

When was the pre-FMCA Rally at Essex Juction, VT.  Fred and I remember that was probably the first time we met you.  And Sheila was looking for a good used Blue Bird...... :D

We met either at that one or the one Joel and Camilla hosted at the other end of VT., the name of which escapes me now.  The one Joel hosted was a mini-rally, because Joel and Camille were going to be there and wondered who else might come???  You two, the Dicks, Jannini's and Myers and us were there.  Who else?  Don't remember that year either.

I've got swatches of memories, but no times to go with them.  Is that a sign of old age or what? ??? ::)

Daisy

[quote author=Daisy]That is the same rally as the pictures you have.  It was held at Wassumpski Springs Campground.[/quote]

Thanks Daisy. I found their web site; Scarborough it is, although the name is slightly different, but Fred has a darned good memory. I updated the pin on the map.

The first Perry Fmca (the mud bowl) was March 1996. Sheila and I were there but not parked with the group. We left a day early and got out before the really mud.

ken

Daisy,

I know our first FMCA event was the NE Area Rally in Fryburg, ME in July, 1994 ( a week or two after we picked up our first MH) We met one other Forum member at this rally, but I don't remember his name (Mac?)

I believe the first NE Rally in Essex Junction was in July or August 1995. She and I were there with the Green MT Chapter as hosts of that rally. I believe that is the time we met you and Fred.

Later we had the Stonington Rally (which you and Fred organized)
Then we had Joel's mini rally at Dorset rally (south west VT)
And the last NE rally that we attended was the Highland Games Rally in Westfield, MA. The organizers of the Highland games gave us our own private rally site by the river - but it sure was HOT. (petty sure this was August  1999)

The first quasi forum event we attended was a dinner at the 1994 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania RV show. At the dinner was Gary Lee, Joe Lacy and a member form NJ who I can't remember (Ron P ?).

ken

According to our copy of Rolling Stock  :D, we attended the first Moab rally starting on 4/27/2000.

Wow! All the historians are coming out of the woodwork, and I'm seeing how many rallies I missed while flying around the world for a living.

According to our copy of Rolling Stock  Cheesy, we attended the first Moab rally starting on 4/27/2000.

Yeap - we scouted Moab campgrounds a few months after the 1999 Centermost rally (Estes Park) and emailed our findings to Barbara Barberra. I believe it was Barbara who subsequently picked Portal for the following years "Centermost", except that everybody just called it the "Moab Rally". The ironic thing is that we couldn't get back there for the first official Moab rally.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom