RV FORUM HAM LISTING - page 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KB9OMH ( Oscar Mayer Hotdog ) Jim, Peoria, IL
Got Called OMH from the first QSO I made, so kept it.

Hello everyone

Jim

Hello. Screen name is beebee381
Name Bill
Callsign N8XRC
state is Michigan

Add me please

Hi Bill and welcome to the forum.

The Ham list has been discontinued some time ago. It became a bit of a bureaucrat nightmare.

I would highly recommend, once you get your avatar and signature box entered, to put your call sign in either or both spots.

This also applies to other fellow Hams in the past who have not been listed in the original list format.

73, Carson.

If you want mild publicity that's the best way to do it.

The Ham list has been discontinued some time ago. It became a bit of a bureaucrat nightmare.

My recollection was that someone didn't want to continue the minor task of verifying the data before I added it to the list. The list still exists and can be continued any time someone wants to pick up where you left off.

Meanwhile, there's nowt wrong with folks adding it to their profile as you suggest.

Tom, not wanting to start a fight, but, I sent a multitude of updates to you for a long time via PM.

Remember that I had no access for updating the Library; that was a job undertaken by you.
  Then you mentioned to me that your schedule had little time for continued updating.

I guess no one with access volunteered and it fell apart. Shortly after that I also suggested, in a regular post, that it would be wise to use the signature box or avatar entries. I guess my post has not been read lately for a long time...it's buried.

With quite a bit of effort I could resurrect the updates since then but I think the new idea is better.

Take care, my friend.

Must have been a miscommunication Carson.

I sent a multitude of updates to you for a long time via PM.

No disagreement Carson, and I always expressed my appreciation.

... updating the Library; that was a job undertaken by you.

Yep, and no big issue for me, just like (almost) all the other library, resource and software updates around here.

Then you mentioned to me that your schedule had little time for continued updating.

I think that was the other way around. The only thing I didn't have the time or inclination for was verifying folks' ham info, and appreciated you doing that for me before I added them to the list. Maybe if I was a ham, I'd have had a different perspective.

IIRC the first hint I had that you wanted out was your Feb 17/18, 2011 messages:

Seems to me that this exercise  is a bit of a waste;

Maybe a little coercive message to put the Ham info in the signature will wind up this labor of love.

Maybe I misunderstood  ???

BTW I agree that a member's profile is the best place for the call sign. But I wasn't the one who originally suggested/requested we maintain a list  ;)

Back
Top Bottom