RV FORUM HAM LISTING - page 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sandersmr
Maggie
WA5RSU
Texas

And to the previous poster who took their dad's call sign, mine is also my dad's call sign.  I got my Tech license about 2 months after he passed away.

HI, Smokey/Dennis

Why name change.... both names are already on the list in the library.

Smokey    W3PY    Dennis    TX

carson

Not sure what you mean Carson.

First of all it is Smoky, not Smokey.

And what do you mean by library?  I was looking at how you had it listed in this thread and don't know what you mean by library.

Thanks for anything you can do to eliminate my confusion.  FWIW I hate the name Dennis.  It is only used when I am being sent to the doghouse by my Admiral LOL  Yes, it is my legal name, which is of interest to the FCC, but I try very hard to hide that fact from my friends!!

P.S.  Maybe it helps clarify if I mention that Smoky is my nickname in real life (like Joe or Tom etc) as well as my screen name here.

Smoky

[quote author=Smoky]And what do you mean by library?  I was looking at how you had it listed in this thread and don't know what you mean by library.[/quote]

Smoky,

The "official" RV Forum Ham Listing is maintained in our forum library - click here. As Carson said, you appear to be listed there the way you requested.

The topic you're reading is merely a collection point for members to let us know what their ham info is. Carson acts as a gatekeeper and tells me what to add or change in the library.

Thanks for the clarification, Tom.

Sorry for the extra "E" Smoky.  I had a friend with that name long ago...with the E.

All resolved now, Smoky?

Carson FL

Apologies Carson, I should have let you answer it. Old habits are hard to break.

Tom:

I went to the link you referred me to and it still lists my name as Dennis(under the name column). 

I hope Carson approves the change to Smoky.  I guess it is confusing that my screen name is the same as my nickname.  I can change my screen name if that is a problem.  But, for example, Phil has the same nickname as his screen name, as does Gil and Ned.

At any rate since others on the forum like Dan, Jim, Dave, Tom, Larry, etc are listed in the name column by their nicknames, I hope you will consider doing the same for me.  Guess I am a little sensitive, but most people are somewhat sensitive about their names.

Thanks for any consideration you and Carson can give for me!

Smoky

Carson:

Tom explained that the thread is only a collection point and so there is no problem with the "e".  However there is still a problem with the library file, now that I understand what the library file is.  I would like the name Dennis changed to my nickname (like many others have done) and in my case my nickname is Smoky.  Thanks for your and Tom's help and sorry this took so much time.  Probably should have handled it by email. I thought the official listing was in the thread opening message.  Now I realize it is just a collection point.

Smoky

New to this forum, not new to RVing, on my eighth RV.
Also, not new to ham radio, 1956 call K6DWU, now W6ROG
Roger aka rogerthedodger :)

Hi everyone.  Dan T here.

Most of the hang glider and paraglider pilots here in the Washington DC area are HAMs.  My call sign is KF4TIQ.  I'm hoping to talk my wife into studying for the technician class license.

We will be starting our first RV adventure near the end of March.  Flying and trout fishing are in the plans for the Jackson Hole/Yellowstone area beginning around mid July. 

Back
Top Bottom