Kwikee Step Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good point Ron. I know some companies shut down for a month around the holidays this time around.

Ron, there are multiple posts about this on rv.net...starting in October.  Many....MANY posters have sent emails and phone messages to Kwikee about them closing the customer service area of their business.

I'm just thrilled now to be able to talk to a person there!  Thanks for trying the line this morning Ron.

Ron said:
Would the inability to contact them the last couple weeks be the result of maybe they were out for the holidays?  Some companies do close for one or two weeks in December.

... And Ron wins his choice of one case of any kind of e-beer.  See my post in the Winnie forum "Kwikee update"

John Canfield said:
... And Ron wins his choice of one case of any kind of e-beer.  See my post in the Winnie forum "Kwikee update"

Gosh thanks John.  Will you deliver it here to Sam's Camp when you come up? ;D

e-beer can be e-mailed, saves on the shipping charges :)

Nowt wrong with that Mark, and it's better than the alternative  ;D

John....take back the Ebeer.  You can NOT get anyone at Kwikee.  The message is changed, and now will not talk to anyone other than "dealers". 

The Ebay steps arrived....they sent some type of manual steps.  NOT Series 25 steps.

Called PPL in Houston...they cant get the parts I need until I call Kwikee. 

Ive had it!

Hey Mark, this may be late, but I had the linkage riod that goes from the motor to the speps break in half and my syeps did just like yours. Just flopped in and out. This was on my Minnie Winnie so I assume they were Kwickie steps.  I went to K&C rv and tried to explain to them what broke and believe it or not they had it in stock, and not terribly rediculously priced. I was impressed and don't even like K&C that much.  Mine was only a one step, but they probably have some of the same parts. Oh but they were bought by CW so who knows now.  Might be worth calling around localy tho. Are there any more RV salvage yards in CO?  I think Cherokee went out of business.
  Good Luck  and that is one reason I don't buy much on E Bay
  Oh, BTW, and I'm sure you know this, but there are  lots of moving parts on the steps, , especially 3 steps, keep them well oiled

Max, thank you for the response and help about this problem.

I have been working with a local dealer here in the Springs and Kwikee.  These are the 3-steps Series 25 that are hard to come by apparently....produced in 2006.

Kwikee says they have a  "replacement motor kit" that somehow replaces the small quarter sized broken wheel with teeth that attaches to the shaft of the motor that attaches to the 1/4 moon plate with teeth that moves the 3 steps in and out. 

I have ordered the kit from a local dealer, and we will see if that works.  I will let you know when this comes in.

There are apparently very few of us that have Kwikee 3-steps. :eek:

FrontrangeRVer said:
There are apparently very few of us that have Kwikee 3-steps.

Mark - I have the three step model - don't know what model number it is though.  All of the Vectra/Horizons on the Evolution chassis have the same.  Lots of stuff moving when those steps operate!

Wow John.  Thats good to know!

I'll have all the info for you....just in case!   ;)

Just an update on Kwikee.  They have given up on customer service completely it seems.

Here's hoping Winnebago (or any other manufacturers) quit using their products.   ::)

They are now owned by Actuant (new owners), and they have an addendum which states:

PLEASE NOTE: We can not troubleshoot problems by e-mail. For assistance, call the Customer Service Department (800-334-4712) or email your name, daytime phone number, and a brief description of the problem and someone from the Customer Service Department will contact you.

Forget a return phone call as these are the sign of the times apparently, and it's a shame.

Mark - that's a shame.  If we have a catastrophic failure of our steps (BTW - I have a two step model, not three) I will look into retrofitting another brand.

FrontrangeRVer said:
Max, thank you for the response and help about this problem.

I have been working with a local dealer here in the Springs and Kwikee.  These are the 3-steps Series 25 that are hard to come by apparently....produced in 2006.

Kwikee says they have a  "replacement motor kit" that somehow replaces the small quarter sized broken wheel with teeth that attaches to the shaft of the motor that attaches to the 1/4 moon plate with teeth that moves the 3 steps in and out. 

I have ordered the kit from a local dealer, and we will see if that works.  I will let you know when this comes in.

There are apparently very few of us that have Kwikee 3-steps. :eek:
Frontranger... have you installed the new replacement kit that is supposed to replace the old stlye with the 1/2 moon with teeth? that is what i have & i want to replace it with the new style... not haveing any luck with finding out if it fits the series 25 though... thanks - Mike

mrnitrous said:
Frontranger... have you installed the new replacement kit that is supposed to replace the old stlye with the 1/2 moon with teeth? that is what i have & i want to replace it with the new style... not haveing any luck with finding out if it fits the series 25 though... thanks - Mike

Nope....I replaced the motor with the small teeth cog.  I could never find out from Kwikee if there is a new style for the series 25 steps. 

I have an extra motor when this one breaks....and after I replace that motor, my next set of steps WONT be made by Kwikee.

Nowadays, companies come and go. A sign of the times. Just go with the flow..
  Try not to get a migraine headache.

Best advise I can offer.

carson FL

Back
Top Bottom