Kwikee Help Line - No more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank & Vicki

There is a post on another forum regarding a problem getting in touch with the Kwikee support staff through their Help Line. It seems that since being bought their support group was to be place in Indiana. Now it seems that the owners have pulled the plug on their Help Line totally. Many of us who own Winnie MHs have Kwikee products (steps, levelers, slide mechanisms) and really need the availability of a support team. I would hope that since Winnie reads this forum and they are still installing Kwikee products, is there anyway they could persuade Kwikee to reinstate their help line? I have been fortunate that I have not had an issue -- YET -- but sooner or later I will need their advice. FrontRangeRVer (Mark) has posted to that thread as he is having issues with his step and cannot get in touch with Kwikee.
Has anyone else tried recently, if so were you able to get in touch with their support staff?
Frank O.

Good post Frank.

Here are the two numbers for Kwikee.

1-800-736-9961
1-800-334-4712

Let me know if you get to talk to a customer service rep.....or anyone for that matter!   :eek:

Oh...and apparently they have not turned off their "Customer Support" line, even though they were bought out several months ago.

I think they are toast!

Mark, I thought you were not able to speak to anyone to help you identify your Step Model for the part you need. Based on what I read on the other forum no one has been able to speak to a real person since the move to Indiana. Maybe someone on this forum has had a better experience and all we are seeing are holiday shutdown.
Frank O.

Frank, you are correct.  Not only am I unable to speak to anyone at Kwikee about my model number, I am unable to speak to anyone at Kwikee PERIOD.

The only way I am guessing on my step model series is by pictures from the internet.....CERTAINLY no help from Kwikee.  I am doing my repairs with a complete replacement step from Ebay......and just HOPE that it is the right model.

Call the numbers above....They will tell you that "all customer service representatives are busy, please hold", and then you never get to talk to anyone.  After 2 1/2 minutes, you are allowed to "leave a message".....and they will never return your call.

If you call after 5 pm EST, you will get a message "Im sorry you have called after hours...please leave a message"

What a LOUSY way to do business.  This has been going on for months apparently.....ugg!

They could at LEAST turn off the message about their "customer service reps helping others", as we all now know that is a FLAT LIE!   :mad:

You know John.....I think you are RIGHT!  That is what my thought was, and then got me so worked up.....although getting worked up for me is easy.  ;)

Here's a statement from their web site:

"As a manufacturer, Kwikee does not sell directly to the public. We sell to warehouse distributors, who in turn supply RV dealers. Any major RV dealer can order Kwikee products from a warehouse distributor and many carry parts in stock. Click here to locate a dealer near you"

I have no idea how long it's been there, but the message is clear - call a distributor or RV dealer, don't call us (Kwikee).

Tom, Before the sale you could get in touch with Kwikee Techs to help resolve issues. I am not sure about the message on their web site but in my opinion this is not the way to run a business especially for critical products on our MHs. I still hope if Winnie sees that there are problems with their suppliers they will intercede.
Frank O.

Hi Frank,

I don't disagree. This was the first time I recall visiting their web site, and that statement caught my attention. I won't defend it but, having been in manufacturing and customer support roles most of my career, I can understand why they'd want their distributors and OEM customers to field the calls and handle the support.

I sent an E-mail to investor relations which says what I said here

The only reason I can think of for terminating customer support is that you wish to have no further customes

(I could have said "The only reason to terminate customer support is you wish to terminate sales)

I think the investors might be interested in this decision

Of course if you can provide a working number for customer support I will post it

Now.. Since I sent that E-mail recently (After business hours) no reply can be expected till tomorrow at the earliest.. Time will tell.. I will honor my promise in this thread if they send me a working number

John,
I will anxiously await word from you but I will not hold my breath as I think they really don't give a rats!! I think it will take statements from their "CUSTOMERS" like Winnie, Monaco and any other MH manufacturers that have large contracts with them. That is why I hope Winnie does read this forum and may help change the current owners minds.
Frank O.

Will not hold breath....    Good plan... Cause I think we both have about the same expectations of a response from them.

However if I do get a response.. Perhaps we should check to see how the figure skating competition is going, you know, the one hosted by Old Scratch down in the place not noted for freezing weather.

I have talked to two (VERY BIG) motorhome dealers, and neither has been able to talk to anyone at Kwikee (on their "secret customer service line".  The dealers have a "Parts List", and if the part you are looking for isn't on this list, you can't get it....PERIOD.  The dealers themselves can't get support from Kwikee.

In my owner's manual, there is a "customer service" number for anyone to call. I've been calling it for many days.  Kwikee still has it up, and it says "all our customer service representatives are helping other customers, please wait on the line for the next one".  Its a total LIE, and Kwikee should do away with the phone number if they don't actually answer the phone (its very apparent they don't answer)

I was given another number to call for Kwikee by a poster in another forum, and the recording says the same thing.  I've posted BOTH above.  Try to call them...see for yourself.

John in Detroit, don't hold your breath about a return email.  I have left them well over 20 messages and many many emails about my step problem with absolutely no response from them.

Kwikee...RIP

PS.  Listen up Winnie.....If a manufacturer won't provide the end user customer service, or lies about them ACTUALLY HAVING CUSTOMER SERVICE, I will NOT buy their product, no matter what it is.

Who was it that bought Kwikee? If they are a MH supplier it might be better to go after them through the MH manufacturers. I know small businesses do not like to get on the Better Business Bureau's **** list, as a last resort that could be another course of action. Lack of support of products sold to customers with promises of support is certainly something the BBB goes after.
Frank O.

Who bought Kwikee look here http://www.actuant.com/ 

On the left you will find a couple of drop down boxes.. The lower one is labeled COMPANY

Drop down and there you will find Kwikee, Power Gear and Marinco

I E-mailed investor relations...  As others have consoled I not holding my breath on a reply and if I even get one I expect it will be in the form of "Why are you E-mailing us when you need cuss-some-more non support"  Which of course no longer exists

If I have to send another E-mail... Wall Street Journal peraps

And the theme of any mail I send on this will be

The only reason for ending customer support is you do not wish to have any customers

No customers = no sales = no company    DO NOT INVEST WITH THEM less you like dumnping money down the money hole

(What's the money hole you ask.. Ok Here it is   :)

What they have done is in line with many other manufacturers in that they do not deal with the public for service.  More and more are doing this to protect them from customers.  The RV industry is typical in this method of doing things and this is another example where the old is changing.  The same is true in many other industries too.

Not good for us though.  I for one normally stay as far from RV dealers as possible.  In my case, the dealers here will not sell a part unless they install it.    :'(  Fortunately a personal friend is a tech at one of them so he can get the part and bring it to me.  At least for now as he is planning to retire later this year.  My Newmar dealer in ND will ship parts to me so all is not lost. 

Last time I called Kwikee, I did get a response and talked to a live person, but that was maybe 6-9 months ago....... I must have gotten in under the wire..........

I will be interested if anyone does get a response, so if they dont, I know I am on my own if there is a problem down the road

thanks for the post

James Godward said:
.... I for one normally stay as far from RV dealers as possible. ...

That's my sentiment as well (unfortunately); in one case I had to help a 'technician' diagnose the problem - he wasn't sure how to tell if a solenoid was working or not :eek:  Some of these 'techs' are simply in the wrong occupation, or they suffer from a lack of training and/or experience.  I suspect most dealers are not willing to spend much money on training and development for their staff.

I have had extremely good luck with Winnebago factory service - even they don't always get it right though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom