Brief trip north

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm looking forward to launching the Tracker and chasing them around the bays. Hope you topped off the gas tank and recharged the deep cycle battery  ;D

We hit the road at 7.00am and, around 2.30pm, decided to stay the night at a CG by the Sacramento River in Redding.

The CG just south of Redding was JGW RV Park (800-469-5910), a very clean and newish park. Dead level concrete pads, grass on one side and rocks on the other. Sites were plenty long enough for the coach and the Suburban with or without unhitching. Adjacent sites were far enough apart to avoid the feeling of being right next to your neighbor. The CG is next to the Sacramento River but, since we came in Saturday afternoon, all the river view sites were taken. The CG also has free WiFi, but I found that it kept dropping me and I was having to log back in periodically.

Discounts available include AAA and an additional $2 for cash.

Arrived home Sunday afternoon and unloaded the coach. It comes out faster than it went in.

Monday morning I washed the coach and put it away in the storage lot. We then spent a couple of hours checking out storage lots for our fishing boat trailer - see this message for an explanation of the reason. Finally settled on the lot where we store the coach - they had only two slots left.

The combination of local farmers ploughing their fields and some apparently high winds had covered everything in a thick layer of peat dirt while we were away. So my next job was to wash the deck and the docks so we could step outside. Monday evening I decided to start washing the boat. That peat dirt and a lot of bird poop combined to make me want to cry. I finished the job this morning. Having to use a soft brush vs just a hose gave me one clue and having to use boat soap vs just plain water was my second clue that the old tub is getting ready for another wax job.

This afternoon I started waxing with my favorite TreWax (aka a heavy carnuba paste wax). This is going to take at least a week, a far cry from the couple of hours it takes us to apply a liquid wax to the coach.

But it's nice to be home  ;D

Yes JIm, it's a nice park. I just modified my prior message to correct the name and add their phone number. They're actually on the same road as the Sacramento River RV Park. I meant to go over there to check them out before we left Redding, but we were in a hurry to get home.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom