2005 winnebago sightseer 29r

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brens

Hi all! I have been looking at the 2004 27 c but a good deal on a 2005 29 r came up. Dose anyone have any information on that unit? Thanks Brenda

My brother has a 2005 29R on a Ford Chassis....loves it!

The two slides are nice, as those give it much more room for living.  Also the 29r is a very popular model.  My gripe with it was, it had no chair.

The 27c was discontinued rather quick, had a VERY low length to wheelbase issue (handling problems), and was generally built on the now discontinued Workhorse P-32 chassis.

Thanks Do you think that the 27c would be as good as the 29r? We were going to go with the 27c but then alot of people said that it tends to move around more while  driving it because of the wheel base.

Generally speaking, the longer wheelbase will make for better tracking.  Also the overhang behind the rear wheels is important - long overhangs contribute to a "wag the tail" effect where it feels like you being wiggled from the rear.

Brenda....I would get the floorplan you like.

At the time of my brother's purchase of the 2005 29R, we bought a 2005 Sightseer 30B which we liked MUCH better.  We ended up selling the 30B less than a year later because it was built on the P-32 chassis and sat too low in the front......and we wanted a much bigger unit.  My brother still has his 29R and loves the small size.  It's up to you on the floorplan.

Just FYI...there have been several posts about what John is talking about...Wagging the Tail, with the 27C model on several boards.  I have a sneaky suspicion that could be the reason that Winnie stopped production of that model (although some that own that model swear they drive fine).

Brenda, I posted some prices over on your other post for the units you are looking at.  It appears that the seller has these units overpriced.

brens said:
Hi all! I have been looking at the 2004 27 c but a good deal on a 2005 29 r came up. Dose anyone have any information on that unit? Thanks Brenda

Winnebago has great customer support byway of on-line documents you can download:

Previous Model Year Brochures:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/

Manuals and Diagrams:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/

Great information, especially if your shopping and comparing different floorplans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom