Moniker/Handle Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Be glad to do the lookups when we get home and I can re-load OzWin.

70040,612 Joined the RV Forum 8/25/1995.  We're relative newcomers :)

Mine is actually pretty simple and not too creative.  I'm a Chief Hospital Corpsman in the Navy (HMC is my rank) and I was selected for an officer program to complete my nursing degree.  So, I'm an HMC that is going to be commissioned into the Nurse Corps (NC) hence, HMC2NC

See, I thought you were Holiday Motor Coach (going) 2 North Carolina 

Can you take the reduction in rank, chief to ensign?

Hey everyone, Fred found a list of the old Compuserve numbers, which are listed below, but we have no way of knowing when you joined.  But maybe Tom can give an approximate from the numbers

Ron: 102331,3205
Ken: 70254,2604, oops, sorry you already posted it.  You must have joined about the time we did. 
        May '94 as our number was 70250.3705
Richard: 73513, 1266
Jim: 72724, 1715
Jeff: Don't have it.

I can't believe what a pack-rat some people are...... :eek:    ;D

Daisy

Well we have been sailboaters for 30 years and always named the boats.  When we bought the coach it had to have a name and since it is a Winnie Bago, we chose BAGO for the coach.  The toad is a smart car named Shorty.  The tags are:
BAGO for the coach and NOT DUMB on the smart.

Bill and Wanda
Let the good times roll...

PancakeBill said:
See, I thought you were Holiday Motor Coach (going) 2 North Carolina 

Can you take the reduction in rank, chief to ensign?

That's going to be the hardest to deal with, but I've already got 20 in.  It's all gravy at this point.

Wow! It's been a long time since Marsha started this, but I just happened on it on a lazy Saturday afternoon.  ;D A dozen years ago or so I was pastor of a Church of the Brethren. In the 19th and early 20th centuries our members were commonly referred to as brothers and sisters. At one of our board meetings I drew up a cartoon to try and dispell the triangling that was farily prevalent among us. The mascot I chose for myself was a huge fierce looking grizzly bear. Thus, Brother Bear. And the movie makers didn't even pay me any royalties to use my handle either!  :D

On AOL and some other forums my handle might be BrotherBear2188 if BrotherBear is taken. The 2188 addition is the model number of my current CaseIH combine. I also use Larry NCKS in some circles, my first name coupled with the location of my farm and the place of my origin, North Central KanSas.

I think my join date has to be within the last 20 months. I don't even have clue as to what some of you are talking about when you mention such things as ozwin, etc. I got my first acquaintence with the cyberworld in about 1989. I did know of Compuserve but never used it.

God bless!

[quote author=Daisy]...maybe Tom can give an approximate from the numbers[/quote]

Thanks Daisy, but the numbers don't give a clue to join dates. I found OzWin on my hard drive today, so I'll get it fired up later.

Ok, Tom, I thought the numbers may have been given out in some consecutive order or year could be configured from the first numbers or some such.  Anyway, I tried......  ::)

Daisy

BrotherBear said:
I got my first acquaintence with the cyberworld in about 1989. I did know of Compuserve but never used it.

1989!?  Then I'm surprised you hadn't heard of Ozwin or TapCis.  They were "off-line" readers when, for us anyway, the only way to reach the internet was by an 800 dial up number.  These "readers" let us cache what we were interested in in a few seconds/minutes and then we could read it all off-line.  That enabled us to save $$$$ by not reading everything on-line and running up phone bills.  Our dial up number was in Boston, and we then lived in Maine.  So we would have had some enormous bills otherwise.  We were then able to answer those messages off-line and shoot them off into cyberspace the next time we dialed up.  That was a VERY long time ago, but yet not so long ago......

Daisy

Ned, I remember meeting you at Centermost 2 or 3.  :)

Phil

Phil, yes, we were at Centermost 2 in Estes Park, but that was 1998.

Daisy said:
1989!?  Then I'm surprised you hadn't heard of Ozwin or TapCis.  They were "off-line" readers when, for us anyway,
Daisy

Daisy, that's been a long time ago, but I think I had local dial up numbers from the get go. Maybe that's why those names are not familiar to me.

Mack = nickname I had for years.

'RoadMack' = I just put my new address in front of the name. Still in the shopping stage but will be full timing soon. So I guess this is going to be my new handle.

I love puns and plays on words; palindromes, limericks, poems, oddball words (like snollygoster and pilgarlic) anything that involves playing with the sound and rhythm of words. On a ski trip, once, I was in rare form with my word play. A friend who was with me said, "You are a regular 'pun-o-matic.'" I have worn the moniker as a badge of honor ever since!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom