Moniker/Handle Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I finally found my old CS ID and remembered the password, Whew!   74051,2776 and RESTORE.GYPSY  Prior to getting this, I used my son's CS account but I have no idea what that was.   :mad:

Now to rmember when I joined the RV Forum.  I know it was before the plymouth Rally as were couldn't get there in time for it and no one was there when we got to Plymouth.  We did enjoy the area though.

[quote author=James Godward]Now to rmember when I joined the RV Forum.  I know it was before the plymouth Rally[/quote]

Jim, it was 7/9/1994. The Plymouth rally was held in 1995.

Tom said:
Jim, it was 7/4/1994. The Plymouth rally was held in 1995.

OK, that makes sense as I couldn't remember if I got the CS package for a birthday or Christmas.  Now I know it was for my birthday in June of '94.  That was about the time my son was talking about moving out too as he had just finished at the U.

Jim, a small typo in my first date - it was 7/9, not 7/4.

Tom said:
From the archive:

Tom and Margi B...  joined the RV Forum 9/9/1994.
Bernie and Marlene D.... joined the RV Forum 4/3/1998.

Tom

We took delivery of our first RV in June, 1998. But by then I had received my alpha login, [email protected], and didn't have to remember the number any more. :D

judway is of course first 3 letters of judy followed by the first 3 letters of wayne. It could have been wayjud. My CompuServe sign-on user # was 72356,3645. I just dropped my CompuServe account about a month ago. Saved the $20 per month. Seems I used the CompuServe service back in the early 80's with a Heathkit terminal at 300 baud.

Wayne

Mine comes from way back when I joined my very first forum, which was on a blackjack website.
Card Sharp = Sharp
Blackjack = 21
Since then it has become my internet handle that I use everywhere
S.

Ours was 72050.3705 and not hard to forget since we still use it as our id on one of our accounts.  Use that address when we go to a link that we think might generate spam.  Works pretty well, along with our server.  Once in a while, not often, we get something like Mr. 72050.3705.  How do they know the gender? 

I, too, was using compuserve along with ozwin up until about a year ago as my "personal" account.  Hated to give it up, since I was so used to it, and it was so easy to use.  Besides, I hate change, which seems to occur on a daily basis in this computer world.  I like being cozy and comfy, in my OLD inimitable way.  ;D

I switched that account over to gmail, but they didn't like me using an old compuserve number there......  :(
Do I like the change?  Well, let's say I got "reluctantly" used to it.    :-\

Daisy

Fred/Daisy T...  joined the RV Forum 5/11/1994.

My version of OzWin works just fine, but I use it only for offline databases and archives nowadays.

I don't recall exactly when we joioned the RV forum or my old CS number.  I believe we joined either 93 or 94.  I started using Compuserve while in Japan BEFORE they were bought by AOL.  Was on The Source before that.  Compuserve has a free node in Tokyo which was a good thing.

Tom:

That wouldn't have been Jun 11 1994 would it?  I don't believe we even knew we would buy an RV that early in May of that year, since we made the decision (VERY QUICKLY) on Memorial Day weekend....  And Fred found the RV forum a few weeks after that.

Ummmm! Curious minds want to know what he knew before even I knew, since he will suggest to you that I conned him into it. ?????

Checked again Daisy, and it was definitely 5/11/1994. MaybFred knew you'd buy an RV before you did  ;D

Ron R... (TX) 71361,1233  joined the RV Forum 2/24/1994.

Tom,

Can you tell when we joined the RV Forum w/o our Compuserve number?  We know it was before the first Centermost 1997.  We remember that Jerry was talking online with someone by the name of Bob.  Finally Bob asked "Is this Jerry FitzGerald?"  Turns out that our old friend and business associate Bob Buchanan was the Bob on CompuServe.  Neither knew the other had joined.

ArdraF

Sure thing Ardra:

Jerry F...  103635,2563  Joined the RV Forum 1/22/1996.

Back
Top Bottom