Update on Kwikee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Since this thread started here, I thought I'd keep this post in the same forum.

News from a reliable source:  Kwikee shut down for a period during the holidays and now they have a large backlog of work to get caught up with.  I have no idea why they shutdown - holiday break for the troops?  Temporary shutdown and not paying employees?  Make your own guess...

Kwikee will be visiting Winnebago soon and everybody's concerns will be passed along.

John,
Thanks for the followup. Hopefully Winnie will instill in the folks who visit Winnie  that the MH community needs a direct line into their suppliers (Kwikee) to get tech info to work issues when on the road.
Frank O.

Sounds like a bit of hysteria set in without knowing all the facts. Hope it turns out well and understandable.

carson said:
Sounds like a bit of hysteria set in without knowing all the facts. Hope it turns out well and understandable.

My hope and wish is that small businesses will figure out a way to survive - it is real ugly out there, especially for those that were depending on loans to fund and fuel growth.  Lots of that kind of credit has dried up.  A very appropriate maxim I learned in one of my businesses classes is that: "the least efficient firms will fail to survive" when the business climate is bad.  I fear more shakeout is on the horizon in the recreational industry.  Fortunately Winnebago Industries is fairly healthy.

Thank you John. that does not, however, explain the fast busy at least one person got.

Also,  In most cases when one shuts down Customer support for 2 weeks for the holidays one changes the voice mail outgoing to

"We are out of the office till {date} please call back then, Meanwhile if you have a problem you may be able to get help on {url} or by calling your dealer  Thank you for calling {Company name}"

It is very very very highly important to do that in times like this

Oh goodness - I'm not in any way shape or form suggesting that Kwikee did a prudent thing.  Just passing along the scenario with out editorial commentary.

My editorial comment about Kwikee:  any business exists solely to meet their customer's expectations (while making a profit of course!)  My observation is that Kwikee dramatically failed the test with their support hiatus (with no advertisement of same.)  I wasn't there, I don't know the entire story, but when your customers can't contact you, that's a major big deal.

A fast busy (technically a reorder tone) says nothing about the called number.  It only indicates that no transmission path to the called number is available.

Thanks John for the update....Those of us that have several Kwikee products (slides, levelers, steps) are concerned when we can't (or dealers can't) get through to the manufacturer.

Glad my company didn't shut down for the Christmas Holidays for THREE MONTHS! 

Update on Kwikee:

Kwikee has contacted me via phone and email (Winnebago gave them my email address) and promise to provide retail customers service in the future, and will have a completely different and updated website "very soon".

I have no doubt that Winnebago put pressure on Kwikee, and also both companies read some of mine (and others) comments on this and other websites about their customer service (lack of thereof), and consequently will change their policies to better provide service to their customers in the future.

Back
Top Bottom