Door rattling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afftax

New 2004 Damon Intruder 350W.  Inside screen door section of entrance door rattles constantly.  Have tried everything to stop the rattle, including using velcro to secure screen door to outside door.  Nothing has worked.  The door Damon uses is fairly light weight and certainly not as sound as ones we have seen on other MH.  Is this a common problem with all motorhomes or just one for ours? We have had this MH less than 18 months and it has been one problem after another.  My problem is that this is our first MH and we do not have experience on what are common problems and what is related to ours solely.  Our dealer had to keep it for 3 months straight while they corrected all of the original problems and waited on Damon to authorize correction.  Needless to say the frustration level is very high.  Hopefully, we can get the door rattle problem addressed and at least resolve that issue.  Any help or suggestions will be appreciated (More than we got from Damon).  Ken

afftax:  You don't even want to hear about the first three months of my Chinook Destiny's life.  What a nightmare.

I notice my screen door has magnets glued on.  It sticks to the outside door via them.  I know that CampingWorld and probably everyone else in the universe, such as Ace Hardware and HD probably sell narrow glue-on magnets. 

--pat

I have a 2005 Damon Intruder, and though there are numerous road sounds (mostly wind noise) no rattles that I can't take direct blame for (IE, tools in box on floor) Door does not rattle.

Many things on a door can rattle, you will need to eliminate them one at a time, easiest way is to have someone standing/sitting at door while driving, however this method is NOT recommended for safety reasons.  Handle/latch, Door/frame, Screen (if not firmly attached) door to name but 3

Door/Door is also a posibllity

In some cases weather stripping can be improved to slience it.  Other cases... Well you will have to describe and then I can look at my damon and see if it's the same door and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom