Propane Tank Attachments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobM

Has anyone had experience with attachments to the propane system of their motorhome that will allow the use of external appliances such a BBQ grills and camp stoves? Not something I would install myself, but would like some feedback before contacting my local propane or RV dealer. Seems foolish to carry small propane tanks around with all the propane in my main tank.

A "tee" fitting that can supply propane to external devices is easily added and you can do it yourself if you can handle a wrench. Just get the Extend-A-Flow kit, available in most Rv stores or online.  The extend-A-Stay kit also works for this and also adds the capability to run the RV itself from an external tank.

I've had this tee on my last two rigs and installed it myself on the current one.  However, I generally find that carrying a 10 lb propane tank is more convenient than using the tee. That because you have to run a hose to the tee and I often want the grill or my gas fireplace further away than is conveninet with the standard 10 foot extension hose.  Of course, you can couple more hoses together.

A 5 lb or 10 lb propane tank is easy to carry in the RV and easy to move around the campsite wherever desired.

Gary,
I should have indicated that I have a 26' Class C. Space is really at a premium. Presently I use the small non-refillable bottles. The tee fitting sounds like something that would benefit me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom