Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 6257 times)

rickandcheryl

• ---
Two Questions
« on: March 05, 2011, 07:15:25 PM »
Two questions for all you smart Winnebago owners: We have a new 2011 Journey Express, Model 34Y.  Here are the questions:
1. Where is the switch to turn on and off the driver's overhead map light? I have looked everwhere and can't find it.
2. Can the driver and passenger seat arm rests be removed and/or adjusted? We bought sheepskin seat covers for these seats and need to remove the arm rests and other attachments like seat back adjusters, etc. to install them.
Thank you and any help will really be appreciated.
Rick
RickandCheryl, 2011 Winnebago Journey Express 34Y, 2003 Acura Toad.

afchap

• ---
    • The Empty Nest
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:27:49 PM »
Driver map light is probably controlled by twisting the headlight/dash dimmer switch to full bright.

My armrests are easily adjustible with a knob under a velcroed flap at the bottom rear. They are removeable, but not easily. My seats are Villa ...yours may be different...
Paul ... (KE5LXU), was fulltimin', now parttimin'...
'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40e
'17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited toad
Escapees, FMCA, SMART, WIT
Blog at www.pjrider.com

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
Rick - congrats on the 34Y!  Awesome floorplan.

The arm rests are removable.  You rotate them to a certain position and then pull out, but I don't remember the details.  Give Owner Relations a call.
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:44:24 PM »
Awesome rig Rick. We have had our 2010 about 8 months now and love it. Love the extra space, the washer/dryer, and the buffet TV among others!

Oh, and the arm rests are not adjustable in the newer units. My 06' were adjustable but not anymore. Another feature that fell under the budget cutting ax..........
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:46:35 PM by SargeW »
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!
Visit our travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2020

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 06:47:57 AM »
Hmm.. maybe I should say the arm rests could be removable.  Dang Marty - hard to believe Winnie 'de-contented' them out of existence!  The phone call still sounds like the best idea.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Clay L

• ---
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »
A lot of them can be removed per the following diagram and instruction sheet HERE
That works for my Sightseer.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats), Sali (toy poodle)
Settled down after full timing for eleven years and snowbirding for one year in a 2004 Winnebago 35N Sightseer, Workhorse W 20 Chassis. Honda toad

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 12:22:30 PM »
Dang Marty - hard to believe Winnie 'de-contented' them out of existence! 

Yep, along with my remote bay door locks. Those I really miss. 
Marty--
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »
Couldn't live without my remote locking basement doors.  I wonder if they can be retrofitted on your unit?
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

mypursuit

• ---
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »
    This question is for Clay L or anybody else that can help.  I accessed Clay L's link  to remove my copilot seat arm rest.  Worked as advertised, thank you.  Now I want to remove the back cover to  sew up a small tear. I unzipped the back thinking it would then pull off.  It is still attached at the bottom in four places. Are these screws, snaps or something else and do you have a link to something that explains how to remove the back cover?
1997 Georgie Boy Pursuit     2008 Ford Focus
P-30 / 454 Chevy w/ Stan's Headers, ceramic plug wires, cold air intake and K-N Air cleaner
Home Port Whidbey Island Washington
U.S. Navy 1970 - 1990
"Truth is the hardest thing you'll find, because you can't change it in the slightest way. " J. Paycheck

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »
Couldn't live without my remote locking basement doors.  I wonder if they can be retrofitted on your unit?

I don't think so. I asked them at the GNR last year. They just looked at me kind of quizzically...

Hey John, you going to GNR this year?
Marty--
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 07:51:30 AM »
Nope - we're Jeepin' in CO, UT and maybe NM this summer.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

4ducksrus

• ---
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 09:11:36 AM »
Our drivers map light is controlled by the running light switch.  LOL, we had the same question!!  Maybe they could label it better ???  Our arm rests are controlled by a roller on the underside of each arm.  They seem to be very touchy too!  Don't know about removing them, where would you put your arms?  And, why would you want to remove them?  Just asking??? You know, inquiring minds want to know?? ;D
Jim & Mikie

2011 Itasca Meridian 40U
2013 Jeep Rubicon
2003 HD Ultra Classic
WIT WI54011

Clay L

• ---
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:16:54 AM »
    This question is for Clay L or anybody else that can help.  I accessed Clay L's link  to remove my copilot seat arm rest.  Worked as advertised, thank you.  Now I want to remove the back cover to  sew up a small tear. I unzipped the back thinking it would then pull off.  It is still attached at the bottom in four places. Are these screws, snaps or something else and do you have a link to something that explains how to remove the back cover?

Mine must be different from yours to some degree since there is no zipper on the back. However when we reupholstered the captain chairs with Ultra Leather there were hog rings securing the bottom of the back fabric to the frame.
We took the chairs off the pedestals to work on them and I don't think we could have done it otherwise. 
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats), Sali (toy poodle)
Settled down after full timing for eleven years and snowbirding for one year in a 2004 Winnebago 35N Sightseer, Workhorse W 20 Chassis. Honda toad

mypursuit

• ---
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »
    Thanks.    About what I thought.  Probably give it a couple of stitches  on the outside and maybe  throw  a cover over it.
1997 Georgie Boy Pursuit     2008 Ford Focus
P-30 / 454 Chevy w/ Stan's Headers, ceramic plug wires, cold air intake and K-N Air cleaner
Home Port Whidbey Island Washington
U.S. Navy 1970 - 1990
"Truth is the hardest thing you'll find, because you can't change it in the slightest way. " J. Paycheck

rickandcheryl

• ---
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 09:43:03 AM »
Thanks everyone for the answers, I can now turn the map light on and remove the arm rests!
RickandCheryl, 2011 Winnebago Journey Express 34Y, 2003 Acura Toad.