Boondock Boredom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCVJeff

This is one of those things that was bugging me; That there was no way to shut off the  FRS Gang Charger (just irritating to see those LED lights on in boondock mode).
FIX: Add a switch here. Can't be any more of a perfect fit than this.
It's only a few Ma., but when you're shutting down equipment in Boondock mode, every little bit helps.

The Switch Fix

I would suspect the current draw of a few LEDs is less than the self discharge current of the batteries themselves.  Of course, if the LEDs keep you awake, that's different :)

Don't forget there are 4 FRS radios each with 4 hi-cap (900ma ea.) NiMh batteries per radio sitting in this charger. That can get significant depending on state of charge when you don't need them. The LED's are just a reminder that I have phantom current that I can't shut down.

Where can I get a set of the radio with that charging base? I would love to add they to my rig.

If anyone in Quartzsite is looking for this 4 radio set and gang charger, Gamblers RV is selling the entire package with the upgraded GMRS200 radios for $65.00!!!

Thanks! I  order a sey from them right after you posyed this. Hope it comes in soon.

And- O-by-the-way...
Behind the vinyl "wall" where these things are mounted from the factory is a steel plate punched out to the dimensions of the gang-charger exactly. We drilled holes from the inside out on Dick's coach, then drew a cut-line between them. it was a mixture of open hack-saw blade and a Dremel tool with a drywall router bit to make the cut.

John Canfield said:
Jeff - is the steel punched out on all Winnebago's?  I'm not familiar with Dick, does he own a Winnie product?
Goes by 'REM' here. His is a Journey 36 and it looks like mine behind the dash.

Where is the radio charging system located in your rigs? I have order a set and just thinking about where to install them.

Mine too.. Not sure where the factory would have mounted them in your chassis but it's usually within reach of the front door.

Back
Top Bottom