We're back!! 11,000 miles, 20 states, 7 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camper1b

Hello everyone,
Just got in last night from the Grand Tour. Tiring but absolutely fabulous! Thanks to everyone for the comments I received. I tried to document the trip as we went on the following web site....

http://www.herewego2005.blogspot.com

I think I would have no problem full timing. We loved the traveling. The only thing that could have made it better was more time. It was very intense because of the distances we wanted to go and places we had to see. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The Sunnybrook shows some wear and there are things I have to fix but, after the bearings/tires issues early in the trip, no other showstoppers occurred.

Interesting side note.....I post on 4 groups....Sunnybrook Talk, iRV2, Open Roads, and this one.? Of those 4, I got the most comments from probably the two smallest ones, this one and Sunnybrook Talk.? Must be the nicest people hang out here!? See ya.

camper1b said:
Hello everyone,
Just got in last night from the Grand Tour. Tiring but absolutely fabulous! Thanks to everyone for the comments I received. I tried to document the trip as we went on the following web site....

Thank you so much for sharing your Grand Tour. Very interesting and detailed. I would like to save the info if that is OK with you. Best Friends was very moving. Well done!!
camper1b said:
Regards,
Liz

camper1b said:
Interesting side note.....I post on 4 groups....Sunnybrook Talk, iRV2, Open Roads, and this one.? Of those 4, I got the most comments from probably the two smallest ones, this one and Sunnybrook Talk.? Must be the nicest people hang out here!? See ya.

Welcome Back, I was exhausted just looking at your itinerary to start but I'd say you packed as much into a 7 week trip as possible.  You have made lifelong memories for the kids.  What an experience!  Thank you for sharing such a concise yet detailed log.  And yes, our forum is filled with friendly  people.
Betty Brewer

camper1b said:
Hello everyone,

I think I would have no problem full timing. We loved the traveling. The only thing that could have made it better was more time. It was very intense because of the distances we wanted to go and places we had to see. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The Sunnybrook shows some wear and there are things I have to fix but, after the bearings/tires issues early in the trip, no other showstoppers occurred.

Great travel log. Thanks for sharing.  Enjoyed your comment on the Corn Palace, Sam & I were impressed with their corn palace but not favorably.  Had a better time at Cabella's on the South side of the freeway from Mitchell.  I would not recommend the corn palace as a place to stop and see.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have added some final comments and thoughts to our web page log of our big trip including mileage, costs, etc.  Thanks to everyone for your comments and support both online and offline.  BTW, the final cost turned out to be $10,702.94.  (Our projection was around $8,000, but I wouldn't have changed a thing!)  Later.

Rich, Kay and family

Your trip log was very interesting, informative and wonderful to read.  Your family will have many memories for years to come and some day hopefully you will be able to do this full-time.  We have been full-time for almost nine yrs and still loving it.  With our internet satellite dish we don't have to be attached to a land phone line so can move whenever we want to.

Wow, I was drooling just reading that!  We just got back from Colorado and South Dakota a few days ago and that makes our 2 weeker seem pretty dull!  Wow again!  That is great that you were able to do that.  What wonderful memories for your family!  We traveled a lot when I was a kid and now that I am 'all grown up' we are carrying on the tradition.  There is so much great stuff to see in this country.....granted, we can't all see it all at once like you did, but it truly is a beautiful country.  I've been to probably half of the sites you hit, the rest our still on our list!

Back
Top Bottom