EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Stains on Ceiling  (Read 4523 times)

wkndfun

• ---
Stains on Ceiling
« on: January 15, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »
I have water stains on my fabric ceiling from before I purchased it. What can I do to get rid of they?
Glenn and Tamie
Richmond VA.
1999 Winnebago Adventurer 34V diesel

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Stains on Ceiling
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »
I have water stains on my fabric ceiling from before I purchased it. What can I do to get rid of they?

You could try a little brake cleaner. Try it in an obscure location first to see if it has any effect on the material. If it doesn't then try a spot where the stain is located. Brake cleaner is like dry cleaning. It will smell for awhile and probably set off the propane detector. If there is any stain from woodwork on the fabric then it probably won't work.
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 02:54:11 PM »

That very subject was discussed recnetly STAINS.  There has been some success using carpet cleaner.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

wkndfun

• ---
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »
Thanks thats what I was looking for. Sorry I should have done the search first.
Glenn and Tamie
Richmond VA.
1999 Winnebago Adventurer 34V diesel

mphy98

• ---
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:36:21 AM »
an rv dealership told me to mix a solution of 1/3 bleach 1/3 vinager and 1/3 water.  cover everything with plastic you don't want bleached out.  spray and let dry. you might have to do it 3 times but it works well. none left in mine!!

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »
if you don't get the correct mixture of bleach, etc- you fabric will be a "nice" shade of yellow :(
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
We used Woolite Oxy Clean Carpet Cleaner (bought at WalMart) and it worked great. At a RV Cleaning seminar at The Rally this weekend, the seminar presenter says that a mix of equal parts of hot water, vinegar, bleach, and hydrogen peroxide works good but you need to provide major ventilation.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

MPG8.8

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
I also used an Oxi cleaner.  It wasn't Woolite but one I bought at Home Depot.  I sprayed it on and then used the upholstery tool on my carpet cleaner and sprayed on clear water and sucked it out.  Worked great!

Northgang

• ---
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.  I just finished doing this.  Make a paste, spread on ceiling, wait a few hours, spray with more peroxide, let dry and brush off (I turned the vacuum upside down and vacuumed it).  I got this trick from another website on rv cleaning so I don't want to take credit for it.  It works.

Hosted by Over The Network