Stains on Ceiling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkndfun

I have water stains on my fabric ceiling from before I purchased it. What can I do to get rid of they?

wkndfun said:
I have water stains on my fabric ceiling from before I purchased it. What can I do to get rid of they?

You could try a little brake cleaner. Try it in an obscure location first to see if it has any effect on the material. If it doesn't then try a spot where the stain is located. Brake cleaner is like dry cleaning. It will smell for awhile and probably set off the propane detector. If there is any stain from woodwork on the fabric then it probably won't work.

Thanks thats what I was looking for. Sorry I should have done the search first.

an rv dealership told me to mix a solution of 1/3 bleach 1/3 vinager and 1/3 water.  cover everything with plastic you don't want bleached out.  spray and let dry. you might have to do it 3 times but it works well. none left in mine!!

if you don't get the correct mixture of bleach, etc- you fabric will be a "nice" shade of yellow :(

We used Woolite Oxy Clean Carpet Cleaner (bought at WalMart) and it worked great. At a RV Cleaning seminar at The Rally this weekend, the seminar presenter says that a mix of equal parts of hot water, vinegar, bleach, and hydrogen peroxide works good but you need to provide major ventilation.

Wendy

I also used an Oxi cleaner.  It wasn't Woolite but one I bought at Home Depot.  I sprayed it on and then used the upholstery tool on my carpet cleaner and sprayed on clear water and sucked it out.  Worked great!

Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.  I just finished doing this.  Make a paste, spread on ceiling, wait a few hours, spray with more peroxide, let dry and brush off (I turned the vacuum upside down and vacuumed it).  I got this trick from another website on rv cleaning so I don't want to take credit for it.  It works.

Back
Top Bottom