TO PURCHASE A PLEASURE WAY OR RV - 10 YEARS OLD 1370 MILES?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yacht

ANY PROS AND CONS OF PURCHASING A RV THAT IS 10 YEARS OLD -  BEEN STORED INSIDE A CLOSED FACILITY WITH 1370 MILES. SHOWROOM CONDITION...

WOULD THERE BE ISSUE WITH SYSTEM AND ENGINE / GENERATOR -

I WOULD BE CONCERNED THAT SYSTEMS WOULD NOT OPERATE OR HAVE PROBLEMS DO THE LINE....

YOUR THOUGHTS WOULD GREATLY BE APPREICATED....

yacht said:
ANY PROS AND CONS OF PURCHASING A RV THAT IS 10 YEARS OLD -  BEEN STORED INSIDE A CLOSED FACILITY WITH 1370 MILES. SHOWROOM CONDITION...

WOULD THERE BE ISSUE WITH SYSTEM AND ENGINE / GENERATOR -

I WOULD BE CONCERNED THAT SYSTEMS WOULD NOT OPERATE OR HAVE PROBLEMS DO THE LINE....

YOUR THOUGHTS WOULD GREATLY BE APPREICATED....

I would want to get all the old gasoline out of everything. Even before starting anything. It might start even with gasoline that old, but it can cause you problems very quickly, because of the varnish that old gas turns to.

-Don-  Reno, NV​

Also plan on replacing most if not all rubber items ... tires, fan belts, hoses, etc.  Rubber deteriorates when it sits still - when it moves it releases compounds that keep it pliable.  Even though UV exposure isn't an issue when stored inside, I'd still be leery of any rubber that's sat still for most of 10 years.

Generators also tend to get balky if they are not run regularly. Sometimes it is just engine start/idle problems, but the electrical components (stator) can suffer from moisture penetration and short out. That shouldn't be a problem in a dry climate or air conditioned storage, though.

Some of the problems with "mint condition" and "showroom condition" RVs are like what the others have said.....the rubber items and SEALS are not worked regularly, and will have all the oils dried up.  Some of the worst RVs are the ones that have abnormally low miles.

Back
Top Bottom