best camper for 05 gmc crew cab long bed 3/4 ton 4x4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ste

Hi all,

I'm 62 and wife and dog & I want to get out there. I want to stay under legal wt limit and have about 3000 lbs I can add to my 05 gmc crew cab long bed 3/4 ton 4x4. I like the Lance 1040 euro design that is supposedly designed for a 3/4 and better truck. It has a neat rear fold down tent feature. I'm willing to add air bags or do what I must for a safe ride. Been retired for over 4 years and getting ansy looking at my truck in the driveway with no place to go. Any suggestions?

I'm replying to my own post. 

You dummy if you read the board directions and read some of the posts you'd get your answer. It's in the glove compartment and the manufacturer's sticker says your truck can carry a camper that weights 2212lbs. That llimits your choice considerably. Go look at some trailers - but not big ones.

Hello STE:
Wellcome to forum.......!

You have posted earlier and probably off line....., when ya see this reply please give us more info on TV (tow Vehicle).
All factors are to be considered, engine type a big one. Also, there are articles written and in our library regarding towing (see top of page for blue button). Once ya read some articles, and possible some OLD post, then ask again. People here will help for sure...... See ya all down the road!
Mr Bojangles

I just bought a 2500HD with the Duramax diesel engine.  Looking at Lance.  Really like the model 1055.  It has a dry bath and lots of space.  I also like S&S truck campers.  Very limited dealers in the Midwest so not a lot of options.  Probably going to stay away from a unit with slides to keep the weight down.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom