defrosting my windshield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkndfun

OK I know that this sounds very basic, but what are the secrets to defrosting my very large windshield. Both side windows fog up and I can see the mirrors, we find yourself wiping they off with a rag as we drive.

We have a 12 volt heater that we can place on the dash and aim wherever we need it.  We have only used it in extreme cold, colder than -20F.  The days we used it were typically below -30F but since we had it we have used in for other purposes like warming the driver's feet.  :)

We do use the overhead fans like Ron mentioned also as needed. 

We tend to leave MT in December or later in the winter so some additional heat is sometimes needed.

Like Ron, we have the two overhead windshield defroster fans, and during Winter driving and camping seasons, we use them alot.  Along with the "Defrost" setting on the dash air conditioning controls, there is no fogging issues to speak of, especially with the fans blowing (usually on the low setting).

Our previous coach had the fans mounted at the top of the windshield but don't ever recall needing them to defrost. The current coach does not have them. In both, the dash defrosters were adequate.  I wonder if your defroster outlets are clogged with something or perhaps an air hose has come loose? Or maybe the defroster fan isn't getting up to speed?

Maybe some other Adventurer owner will comment on their defrosters?

We have two fans above also, I thought they were for summer cooling us off. I didn't think about using they for defrosting the side windows. The first night we got our rig, it was a wintery mix and very cold, with the big windshield I have all types of glare and the windows fogging up and a 8 hour drive home. It was not fun!! I turn the dash light down because they reflected off the side windows. It was funning I would look into the rear view mirror only to see out the front, that was wierd to get use to. I was see the mirror on the wall in the back bedroom.  

wkndfun said:
We have two fans above also, I thought they were for summer cooling us off. I didn't think about using they for defrosting the side windows.   

Those are "Windshield Defrost Fans"...point them to your windshield, and they will also defrost your side windows via the air flow.

FrontrangeRVer said:
Those are "Windshield Defrost Fans"...point them to your windshield, and they will also defrost your side windows via the air flow.
They are pointing into the cabin area. I'll change them to pointing to the windshield. Thanks

Mine are pointed at the cabin area too, but I did it on purpose.  I have never needed them for defrosting, the vents have always taken care of that. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom