Torsion Axle Height

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rottweiler

Hey All, I'm new to the forum.  Been looking at getting a Travel Trailer, tired of sleeping in the tent.

Anyways, I was looking at the different axle setups.  I will be taking my trailer off-road here in New Mexico, and because I will be going offroad, I'm looking at a 18-21 foot trailer, but I also need to get some clearance.

I realize that the axles can be flipped on a leaf spring setup, but can anything be done with a torsion axle.  I read Dexter's website and they said that it requires Torsion Axles with a different starting angle.  I'm wondering if blocks can be added, etc. like on a truck lift that would do the same.  I don't want to get a torsion axle setup if the trailer can not be lifted up some for clearance of the terrain here in New Mexico.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Check with the people at Mor/Ryde, manufacturers of rubber shear torsion suspensions for RVs.  They are friendly folks who will work with you to solve your suspension problems, including converting an existing trailer to torsion suspension.  They also offer a complete chassis modification service at their Elkhart, IN. location.

http://www.morryde.com/

I talked to the local dealer here.  They said that it is possible, basically you put a block in between the torsion axle mount and the frame, kind of like a lift kit on a truck with leaf springs.  They said the max you can go is around 4".  Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom