You gotta love America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

seilerbird

In the past three months here in America we have seen the following"

The Tampa Bay Rays played in the World Series.

We elected an African American to the Presidency.

A pilot landed an Airbus in the Hudson River and everyone survived.

The Arizona Cardinal are going to play in the Super Bowl.

What is going to happen next???

BernieD said:
The Cubs are going to win the World Series ;D ;D ;D

You almost gave me a heart attack when I read that. Men will walk on Saturn before the Cubs will win the World Series. And I am originally from Chicago.

The only longer drought in professional sports than the Cardinals (64 years since a championship) is the Cubs (100 years).

Well..... Here in S.E. Michigan there is a small town called Pinkney.. Nearby is the Pinkney Recreation area

Just south and west of Pinkney is another town. I will not yet mention it's name  but in Pinkney there are two traffic lights, if you go south from the eastern most one to DARWIN road and turn right, you will find that DARWIN RD goes straight,, for about fifty feet and then it has more turns than a double helix (DNA molicule)  Eventually however it turns into Patterson Lake road.

If you take the road south from the Western most traffic light in Pinckney,  Well.. that's where Darwin turns into Patterson Lake

And Patterson lake IN any case, neat the intersection of Silver Hill Road, and Patterson Lake road, is a small town, Hardly a flyspeck on the map but they do rate their own post office....

And based on the weather in this part of the state I'm sure they are well blanketed in snow and thus frozen over just now.

Cause if you'd have ask about many of the things mentioned eariler in this thread 20 or 30 years ago the response would have been "When All Hell Freezes Over"  and so it has.

Carl L said:
The Oakland Raiders will beat someone next season. 

Probably the LA Clippers.

Oh that hurts, I am a Raiders fan.

seilerbird said:
Oh that hurts, I am a Raiders fan.

There is worse.

A couple living were hauled into court for beating their 8 year old boy.  The judge slapped a restraining order on them. 

A week later they were back in court for beating the kid again.  The judge threw them into jail and gave custody of him to his grandmother.

Two weeks later the social worker had him back before the judge because his grandmother was caught beating the kid.  The judge then awarded him to the custody of an uncle but in a weeks the kid was back, his uncle had beaten him yet again.  The judge looked at the poor kid and said that he had run out of relatives and he would have to put him into some sort of care, did he have any thoughts on the subject.

The kid said, "Yes, I know a bunch of people who can't beat anybody", which is how he was adopted by the Oakland Raiders. 

Oh the inhumanitiy!!! Actually the Raiders won 5 games last years. You should change it to the Lions.

Maybe Clemson will win a basketball game in Chapel Hill?

Whoops, they lost their 54th straight game in Chapel Hill last night.  They have NEVER won in Chapel Hill

Maybe next year...

seilerbird said:
Oh the inhumanitiy!!! Actually the Raiders won 5 games last years. You should change it to the Lions.

Oh you can change it to any team you want.  I told the joke to a bunch of Brits who immediately applied it to a number of soccer teams.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macamiguin
Back
Top Bottom