Quartzsite 2009 activities and photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Another beautiful day on the desert.

We are up to 22 rigs now - expecting more each day into the week. Nice to see new faces - and to see those that  were new last year returning.

Firewood keeps coming in now. Folks are getting parked then asking were to stack the wood. Thanks!

Nice to see Don and Peg Miller back with us this year. Don once again filled his pickup toad with firewood AND has voluntered to serve up the early AM coffee. It should be ready by 7 AM each day of the rally. Thanks Terry and Betty for bringing the pot and fresh coffee.

Helaine and I started the daily bionc hips and knees  AM walk today joined by Zuni Jayne and Hero. We did a mile or so and will continue each AM at 10:30. We hope more will join in each day. It is SO good to see Jayne back in QZ.

Great happy hour this evening! New folks were introduced and that good RVForun interaction continued for several hours. After dinner Fred and Daisey treated the group to chocolate cake. The campfire was warm, the cake rich, and with no moon, the stars were super bright over the desert.

Margi, will begin my passion for good photography today and begin getting QZ09 pics up soon. Ron Maribito and Jim Dick, will miss you joining me - and also, Ron, on trips to the QZ bakery.

Ned, we  miss you and Lorna too. No one here to answer those tough computer questions - and Lorna, all the singles will miss your thoughtful singles dinner this year.

Sorry if I've rambled - but wanted to keep you posted.

There you go Bob makeing those of us not there wishing we were.  Sounds like the usual great time.  Thanks for the report.

You can ramble anytime you have time, Bob.  I love hearing QZ rally stories.  Will look forward to the pictures.  :D

Margi

Absolutely beautiful sunset this evening. Looked like several of the coaches were on fire, reflecting the clouds and red sky. Bob got a picture of the sky that I hope he can post. I just stood and watched it.

At happy hour, there was even a bit of chocolate cake left over from last night....disappeared quickly, along with a lot of other goodies.

Here so far: 22 rigs, 37 people, 13 dogs, and 3 cats....oh, and one bird.

Instead of missing the fun at Qtz, maybe you guys should start making plans to join us next January? You can never have enough Framily in one place.

Wendy
Quartzsite

QUARTZSITE 09 PICTURES

Sorry for the delay -- it's a long story . . .  :)

For now I will begin by posting a few test shots to make sure my files sizes and resolutions for upload are OK. I will then post more this evening and as I shoot more stuff.

At the end of the rally I will post all of my pictures to my server in a WinZIP file at their full resolution so you can then download them all at one time. That will include the group shot that we take just before the potluck.

Attachments

• FredDaisy.jpg
    FredDaisy.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 210
  • RussM.jpg
    RussM.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 215
  • QA09Sunset1.jpg
    QA09Sunset1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 203
Photos look great, Bob.  Keep 'em coming!  :D

Russ:  What happened to the bottom of your wineglass?  Looks like you're drinking out of an inverted bell.  :D

Margi

Margi. when I pulled the glass from the insulated bag, the base was trapped under the wine bottle and I pulled it apart!

rhmahoney said:
Margi. when I pulled the glass from the insulated bag, the base was trapped under the wine bottle and I pulled it apart!

Whew!  I thought there was some new "in" wine glass you'd discovered which I might have to buy.  ::)  Miss you guys!  :D

Margi

Margi, that's the new style you never put down until it's empty :)

Gee Russ, I thought it was a model that you could stick in the ground when you don't want to hold it :D :D  Of course, sticking it into the ground here in QZ would be quite difficult.

BernieD said:
Gee Russ, I thought it was a model that you could stick in the ground when you don't want to hold it :D :D  Of course, sticking it into the ground here in QZ would be quite difficult.

If he managed to stick it in the ground,  Helaine would kick it over ... twice at the very least.  ;D

Margi

SUN DOG OVER QUARTZSITE

Have enjoyed many sunsets here in Quartzsite -- but had never viewed a Sun Dog. Last night during our happy hour Russ pointed out that almost exactly 22 degrees to the right of the setting sun was an incredible Sun Dog. Later in the evening I Googled the keywords, Sun Dog and Pictures, and did not find any as beautiful as this one.

Fortunately, I had my camera at hand . . .

Attachments

• SunDogOverQZ.jpg
    SunDogOverQZ.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 219
MORE QUARTZSITE 09 PICTURES

These were taken around during last nights happy hour . . .

Enjoy  :)

Attachments

• Goodies.jpg
    Goodies.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 203
  • RavenSmoky.jpg
    RavenSmoky.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 177
  • SmokySharon.jpg
    SmokySharon.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 180
  • TerryBernie.jpg
    TerryBernie.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 160
  • WendysFolks.jpg
    WendysFolks.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 179
  • SueAndTim.jpg
    SueAndTim.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Wendy.jpg
    Wendy.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 197
Bob,

I've never heard of a sun dog before.  What a neat picture!  I saw you with camera in hand but didn't pay much attention to what you were photographing.  Guess I better pay more attention and follow your lens!  ;)

ArdraF

Leave it to Russell to spot a Sun Dog.  What an eye!  Thanks for capturing it on film, Bob. 

Thanks also for the other pictures.  I like the way you put names in the filename so that we can figure out who's who.

Margi

There was another sun dog today, I missed it with my camera though.  Maybe you guys saw it? 

I see Smokey found the official QZ hat this year.

Back
Top Bottom