cold water issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FISHnCAMP

My hot water flows to my sink no problem, my cold water seems to have no pressure, it just drips out.  Is there a filter or strainer in the line?  If so, where is it located?  Pics would be great.  I have a jayco series 1206, 2007 model with a side slide.  Thanks

Three answers

Yes,
No and
Optional

The only in-line strainer I'm 100% sure of is the aerator and it's common to both hot and cold  (The yes)

Most rigs that is the only filter (That's the no)

However the OPTIONAL is some rigs will have a water (Taste and odor) filter in the COLD water line at the sink to improve drinking water quality... Now the PROPER way to that is to add a 2nd faucet (Filtered water) but.... Not everyone does it that way epically if it's a DIY modification.

Other possible causes:

Depending on your local.. Frozen pipe

Debris in pipe (City water can have some interesting things in it)

Pinched "Pipe" or line

Cut off valve (I've not seen any in motor homes or trailers but who knows)

Failed valve

That last one is kind of high on the suspect list.

If weather allows. Fill fresh tank, turn OFF water pump and bleed pressure from line (Open any water valve) disconnect line under sink and using a plastic hose extend to either a bucket or sink,  turn on pump and observer flow

If it's good, it's the faucet.. if there is a taste and odor filter.. that's where it's going to be so you will see it (it's usually a cylinder 2-4 inches in diamater with two pipes. either one on each side on the top or one on each end.

If it is a single lever type faucet, I would suspect a failed internal valve in the faucet. Get a rebuild kit and do it.  You might have a filter and it might be only in the cold water line, but a look under the sink should answer that quickly enough.

Other possibilities are a pinched cold water line or a clog of some sort in the cold water line to the sink. Should not be any problem at the water inlet, since the same inlet feeds both hot and cold.

Has the unit been winterized?  If so, possibly the by-pass valve is the culprit.  And, you might check under the trailer - you might have 'low-point' drains and one might have been left open so that the water is draining out the drain rather than coming to your faucet.  I went through that and felt very stupid one spring.....couldn't figure out why I had no water pressure from the faucet/outside shower, while standing in an increasing puddle!

Happy Camping

Im with you Pattie . Check the water heater by pass. cold line and hot line valves should be open turn to left. the line in between the cold and hot  should be closed turn to right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom