Any experience with "ReadyBrake"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larspetter123

Hi,

New to this forum. I come from Norway, and I am lucky I found this site.

In Norway we usually tow by using a car trailer, but I really would like to skip the trailer and tow with a tow bar. My towed vehicle is a 2002 Chrysler Neon with manual transmission.

When searcing the internet for tow bar systems and suitable brakes, I found a company called Night Shift Auto wich manufacture a system called ReadyBrake. Seems to be a very simple mecanical system.

This is the link to the website: www.readybrake.com

Does anyone of you have any experience with this system?

Appreciate all the info you might have.

Thanks,
Lars Petter

1993 27" Triple E Arctic Star

They've had a booth in the Big Tent in Quartzsite for several years.  It's simple, reliable and works as advertised.  The only tricky part is making sure you have a relatively straight shot from the brake pedal to the front center of the tow vehicle for the actuating cable.  It looks like an oversized speedometer cable and can be cut to length, but works best when the path is relatively straight.

The Readystop breakaway switch is a worthwhile addition.  If the tow vehicle breaks away from the hitch, the Readybrake will apply the vehicle brakes until the cable breaks.  The Readystop locks the cable in place keeping the towed brakes applied in a breakway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom