need info on slideout part

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winnie35

There is a small arm that is attached to the end of my slideouts.  both slideouts have one on them . It is made of a light metal. It turns when the slide moves in and out. It looks like this )--  . The reason I ask is because when I pull my slide in it hit a metal pad on the side of mh and leaves a 1/4 inch gap.

I guess im going to have to learn how to post pic.  It attaches to the left side on both my slidouts and every mh i've seen has just one on it. It attaches to the end of the roller. If you guys are near your mh you should be able to see it on yours.  What I did to fix mine from letting the slideout seal completely was rotate it 180 degrees. I just want to make sure it doesnt matter that I rotated it.

Oh - you're talking about the slide topper, I was thinking about the HWH slide mechanism.  Unfortunately that's my flash of revelation,  my slide toppers are fully enclosed.

I'm sorry . I should have said slide topper. I guess I had a brain freeze. Yes this part is on the left end of my living room slide topper.  If no ones knows here I will try to find a phone number for the mfg.

Look in the Winnebago resources sticky - their there is a link to suppliers.  If your toppers are A&E, then Dometic is the parent company, but I need to warn you, Dometic does not make it very easy to get to somebody that knows anything.  Their objective is to channel all technical requests to dealers.  In fact, if you have an RV repair facility in your area, it would be a lot easier to pick their brains.

Edit:  Oh my gosh - bad spelling/grammar

Are these the pictures you need? The SlideCover 001 shows the living room anti-furl device on my 03 Horizon. The SlideCover 002 shows the bedroom slide but the anti-furl device is not visible. I had the same problem you did when I replaced the covers. I believe I read that the lever should be pointing straight out when the slide is in. That is what I set mine to. I don't know why the picture shows the device straight up. I believe any position is OK from straight up to straight out to straight down. I just moved the part around to where it needed to be and reinstalled the mounting screws. As you can see the devices are made by A&E.

Wayne

Attachments

• SlideCover 001 (Small).jpg
    SlideCover 001 (Small).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 49
  • SlideCover 002 (Small).jpg
    SlideCover 002 (Small).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 42
judway said:
Are these the pictures you need? The SlideCover 001 shows the living room anti-furl device on my 03 Horizon. The SlideCover 002 shows the bedroom slide but the anti-furl device is not visible. I had the same problem you did when I replaced the covers. I believe I read that the lever should be pointing straight out when the slide is in. That is what I set mine to. I don't know why the picture shows the device straight up. I believe any position is OK from straight up to straight out to straight down. I just moved the part around to where it needed to be and reinstalled the mounting screws. As you can see the devices are made by A&E.

Wayne
  Wayne, thanks so much for the pic. Yes thats the part. In the first pic its the part with the black tip on it. In the second pic the metal plate on the mh is what its hitting which doesn't allow my slide to close all the way at the top. There's only about 1/16 gap but I haven't done any slide work and am wondering why the change.  What I have done is rotate it 180 degrees and that solved the problem, but is that part supposed to rest on the metal piece on the mh(my friends mh slide rest there and when he pulls in the slide the arm hits the metal and just continues in while mine wont).  Do yall think by rotating it 180 I have solved my problem so I should just forget about it. Again thanks 

I believe the arm with the black vinyl top cover should be pointing straight up when the slide is closed as shown in picture #1. As the slide is opened, the arm will move along with the slide and will also rotate toward the body of the RV. The arm should not touch anything in its movement. If it hits anything, mainly the part in the second picture, the arm should be rotated to be more pointing straight out.

The purpose of the mechanism is to prevent wind from unfurling the cover when traveling. If the cover becomes unfurled during travel the arm will rotate toward the RV and hit the part shown in the second picture. The unfurling is then stopped. Of course the slide must still be in when the unfurling occurs.

When I replaced the covers last year the arm hit just as you described because the new cover was a little different from the old one. I had to readjust the arm on both slides.

Does this help?

Attachments

• SlideCover 001 (Small).jpg
    SlideCover 001 (Small).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 29
  • SlideCover 002 (Small).jpg
    SlideCover 002 (Small).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 27
judway said:
I believe the arm with the black vinyl top cover should be pointing straight up when the slide is closed as shown in picture #1. As the slide is opened, the arm will move along with the slide and will also rotate toward the body of the RV. The arm should not touch anything in its movement. If it hits anything, mainly the part in the second picture, the arm should be rotated to be more pointing straight out.

The purpose of the mechanism is to prevent wind from unfurling the cover when traveling. If the cover becomes unfurled during travel the arm will rotate toward the RV and hit the part shown in the second picture. The unfurling is then stopped. Of course the slide must still be in when the unfurling occurs.

When I replaced the covers last year the arm hit just as you described because the new cover was a little different from the old one. I had to readjust the arm on both slides.

Does this help?
  Thanks Wayne. Yes it makes since now. How it got off to begin with is a mystery but  I rotated it and it in the same position as yours. Again thanks so much for the help.

Back
Top Bottom