Will toy haulers hold cars???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batesrt

I've never seen a toy hauler tt/5th wheel up close, so wondered if any of them can haul cars?  Didn't know if it's just more for atv's/motorcycles etc.  I know there's box trailers for hauling cars, but one that had car hauling and RV functions would be perfect.  Thanks

It would depend on the car and the camper capacity, our Raptor has a cargo section max capacity of 2000#. I'm sure someone probably makes something specifically for that if you have the money. ;D

janpaul said:
It would depend on the car and the camper capacity, our Raptor has a cargo section max capacity of 2000#. I'm sure someone probably makes something specifically for that if you have the money. ;D

A Smart Car for 2 weighs about 1800 lbs.

I see people loading and unloading cars from them at shows and campgrounds, so I guess at least some of them must have sufficient capacity.  Usually older show cars, so the weight is probably in the 3000-4000 lb range.

Most capacity I have seen is about 3000 pounds, but there are other limiting factors.  Length of box, vs length of car.  There are some that have an open plan, but those have other drawbacks.  Pus they usually have fold up sofas that used inside width. 

You want car hauling trailers?  No problem, take a look HERE.  Do remember you are going to need a significantly big tow vehicle, no minitrucks need apply.  ;D

I have a Forest River Work and Play 38FK.  I carry a 2700lb 14 ft. long car in it.  It tows great behind a 2000 Ford F350 Diesel Dually.
You can check them out here:

http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22.asp?page=worknp&choice=brochure&nav=rec

Steve

I vote for the MINI Cooper Convertible

12' long and only 2,800 lbs

Plus they're a blast to drive  ;D

Joshua

Much as I would like to keep all my "Rolling stock" American

IF I ever buy a new car there are really only 3 on the consideraiton list

Jeep
Hummer (Smallest they make)
Mini-cooper

And that is not the order of consideration

Course if I in the lotto I could get an original Hummer and park a MINI inside it ;)

John,

You and I would have a tough time getting in or out of a mini Cooper. I for one couldn't do what this guy did in his mini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTFs9vopVyM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom