We took our first trip!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24theroad

After days of preperation and shopping, we headed out. Just 20 min down the road, but it was away from home. We had a great time, but learned many things.

1..Close cupboard doors while working in the kitchen...OUCH

2..Set up a system to stop your 6' tall hubby from falling off the bed ( Refraining from injesting wine would help)

3..BBQing on an Hibache requires practise...where are the setting knobs?

4..Pack carpet cleaner as doggies have nervous tummies.

These are just a few things we discovered. We also found that we LOVED it. Am packing to leave again on Mon.

Roll On

#1. Have done that myself!

#2. What kind of games were you playing??

#3.Consider a miniature propane BBQ, which can be hooked up to your coach propane

#4 Pack slippers if doggies continuee to doo-doo

It's a continuous learning experience, which adds to the fun.  Thanks for sharing! ;) :D

24theroad said:
After days of preperation and shopping, we headed out. Just 20 min down the road, but it was away from home. We had a great time, but learned many things.? We also found that we LOVED it. Am packing to leave again on Mon.Roll On

I just love to hear of OTHER People's learning curve.? Thanks for sharing.? One of our first trips out was only about 10 miles away so I figured I could go to the local grocery store on Saturday morning from the beach campground.? This way I did not have to stress about packing the motorhome on a Friday night after work.? Well as luck would have it , it rained so hard we were flooded in and I had to eat food which was in the motorhome.? We had Denison's beef stew,( no bread, no butter). Canned hash, spam. pork and beans.? No milk , no orange juice, no salad, no cookies or dessert.? Now I overload our rig with "flood food."? Just in case.? How long does canned chili last?
Thanks for sharing your trip.

Betty Brewer

Betty,

Canned chili lasts FOREVER! The stomach it goes into may not, however.

B&G,

Re: #1. Wear an industrial hardhat. May look funny, but less to explain than black eyes and bruises! ;D

#2. Wine is good; just have him sleep on the floor. Have you discovered 3 buck Chuck yet??

#3. Hibachi settings are at the rear - low, medium and high heat notches for the grates.

#4. Get a cat.

Too Funny! We're off again this morning, heading for Chatham, Ont (Can). Our youngest, her Hubby and 8 month old daughter will camp on our site with us. Since we already travel with 3 dogs, She'll bring her English Sheepdog to add to the mix. Are we not just BEGGING for trouble?

Hopefully we won't repeat former mistakes, but I'm sure we'll manage to mess up somehow. Have packed my crock pot, vacuum and carpet cleaner this time. Burgers only on the hibachi and Karl? Super idea about leaving Bruno on the floor! 3 buck chuck?

My greatest fear at the moment is travelling through Toronto. At the best of times, I switch to the back seat and close my eyes.

Home on Sat...will update y'all then.

Roll On

By selecting your travel time thru Toronto, you can usually make it without too much difficulty.? We try to cross the City between 10 am and 2 pm, or on Saturday or Sunday...also mid day.

Have only gotten stuck once in several crossings.? Stay off that overpriced toll bypass though!!

Be sure to stop in Kitchener at the Farmer's market for some peaches.

Also remember to fuel up and top up your propane at the Flying J's in Napanee and in London

Bon Voyage!
[edit]spelling[/edit]

"3 buck chuck?"

Refers to a favorite wine of the west coast Rvers who have access to Trader Joe grocery stores. That chain made a deal with a winery to supply surprisingly good california wine for very low price using a formerly upscale brand name of Charles Shaw...thus buck chuck in California and 3 buck chuck in Arizona.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom