Winter in Orangeburg South Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IowaCamper

Hello again everyone.  I have just gotten a job offer within my company to move to Orangeburg South Carolina to work in our plant there.  My question is:  How's the winters in that area?  I will be living in my TT for probably a year and need to know if it will be too cold to do that.

I was in Orangeburg two years ago in January and it never got below 30 degree's.  Anyone who knows the climate there and if I could survive in my TT all winter please respond.

Thanks in advance,

John

Depends on your TT.  Have you camped in it for several days with temps in the 30's or low 40's?  Many are not very comfortable after the 2nd or 3rd day, when the rig has thoroughly cooled off.  Do you have dual pane glass?  Good wall, celiling and floor insulation? Ducted heat? 

You are also going to be concerned about hot days, since there will be a lot of them in the 90's all day long.  Same concerns as with cold weather - you need good insualtion and good air circulation inside the rig to be comfortable.

You will also fare better if your TT uses 50 amp service - two electric heaters for winter and probably two a/cs in the summer unless your rig is small.

After living in Omaha in a Class C through a winter, it can be done. A number of us here can help you when the time is right. However, it will get cold, real cold and perhaps icy as well, several time that winter.

Thanks for the reply's. The TT is a 1986 Road Ranger by Kit.  it is a 24 footer and I don't think it has double pain windows.  has the old roll out type where each small pane folds out when you turn the crank inside.  Don't know about the insulation.  But it does have duct heat. As I said when I was there two years ago in January it never got below 30 degrees at night and usually up into the 50's during the day.  So I am probably  gonna be giving it a try this coming winter not sure yet however.
Thanks again for replying.  I hope there isn't much ice. i hate driving on that stuff.

John

Back
Top Bottom