Mahoney's verizon phone has been disconnected

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

After threatening to cancel service for many months, I finally got around to it.

The 623 number is now history and my only service is the iPhone at 480-

We can only talk to Russ on weekends and after 2100.

rhmahoney said:
After threatening to cancel service for many months, I finally got around to it.

I guess we can phone each other on the weekends.  :(

PhilB

You guys need to get MajcJack. Practically free and I have worked mine on a wifi connection. Well, it ain't free but it's pretty inexpensive.

Since many of us use HughesNet and MagicJack doesn't work on HN, that's not an option.  The computer will never replace the cell phone :)

We finally switched to Verizon and now you've dropped it?  There is no justice!  ::)

BTW, as technically challenged as I don't like to think I am, but am ... I had to read the manual to find out how to erase the 602 and 623 numbers.

Margi

rhmahoney said:

The 623 number is now history and my only service is the iPhone at 480-

May I ask why you dumped V in favor of, I assume AT&T?

(NOTE I absolutly refuse to argue with you over that.. I just want to hear why you did it)

John In Detroit said:
May I ask why you dumped V in favor of, I assume AT&T?

(NOTE I absolutly refuse to argue with you over that.. I just want to hear why you did it)

Because ATT is the ONLY carrier that you can use an IPhone on. Apple made, IMHO, a big mistake by giving ATT exclusive carrier rights to the IPhone.

To all: my ego is crushed! ;(

Margi: "We finally switched to Verizon and now you've dropped it?  There is no justice! 

BTW, as technically challenged as I don't like to think I am, but am ... I had to read the manual to find out how to erase the 602 and 623 numbers."

You hi-light the joy of using Mac/iPhone. I can do everything without digging out the manual ... it just works!

I can't figure out how to type "Ohhhhh, Russsselllll", but you know what I mean ... you've heard it before.  :D

I have your Ipod number tucked safely into my technologically challenged phone and will await your call if you come up I-5 on your way to the Pacific Northwest this year.  You're way overdo for a hug! 

Actually, when we went to Verizon to arrange for the new service, I asked for a phone which simply dialed a number, didn't take pictures, didn't have text capabilities, didn't fix dinner and couldn't make the bed.  I got my wish, but it is still sometimes a challenge to deal with.  :D

For DON,  Seveal I-Phones are in use on T-Mobile network

However you do have to work on them some to pull that off

I'm kind of anti-I-Phone so I rushed rightout and walked right past 'em.

Now there are a few T-Mobile phones I find interesting..

And I agree, Apple made a major boner in making it AT&T only out of the box..  That kind of thing should be frowned upon by the Government as far as I'm concerned

And RUSS.. Re MAC/I-phone being usable w/o reading the manual

Last time I read the manual for one of my computers.... IT was the maitenance and repair manual.. And for my phone.. I can't recall.  (I have a Nokia)  even my daughter's phone.. (She also has a Nokia) She asked about getting pictures off it and onto her computer.. I plugged a dongle into my Thinkpad (Bluetooth adapter) pushed a few buttons on her phone, pushed a few more on the computer and handed here a CD

Congratulations, if that's appropriate.

Anyone wanting to stay with Verizon might consider the Samsung Omnia. I'm spending some time trying to learn it, so I guess it isn't an iPhone in that sense, but it does a lot and has a touchscreen interface. I'll probably keep it although I'm having issues with MS Activesync not wanting to load on my PC. (Plan is to switch to a Macbook in the future.)

Tom and Margi said:
I asked for a phone which simply dialed a number, didn't take pictures, didn't have text capabilities, didn't fix dinner and couldn't make the bed.  I got my wish, but it is still sometimes a challenge to deal with.  :D

Margi, you are a gal after my own heart. I had to argue with the guy at the Verizon store to get a phone that you just use as a, well, as a PHONE, to make and receive calls. But that's what I've got !!

Wendy

I find the camera In my Nokia handy from time to time..

however  Text Mesaging: Turned off
Internet services: Turned off

You starting to get the idea'

I enable Internet when I have to but T-mobile is not the best ISP

Back
Top Bottom