Winnebago Via?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davemittan

Has anyone actually been inside one at a RV show?  Of the few pics I've seen, it looks like the seats / dash / steering wheel are quite far back from the windshield.

The latest issue of Motorhome magazine talks about it being built on a Sprinter "cowl chassis" - a regular Sprinter chassis without the sheetmetal.  As such, it's a little bit of a stretch for me to classify it as a "class A" if it starts off as a cutaway chassis.

Winnebago doesn't show it in the lineup on their website, so I have to wonder if production is certain, or if they're using prototypes at RV shows to test reactions.

Opinions?

((For the record, I'm not in the market for one - we're very, very happy with our little class C.))

Don't know any more than you do, Dave. 

For those who haven't heard of the Via and Itasca Reyo yet, here is a bit of a preview at the Lichtsinn Motors web site. The accompanying video shows what the coach looks like, but it too is exterior only.

http://www.lichtsinn.com/motorhome_detail.cfm?gstock_no=7010001A&new_used=new

Winnebago debuted this model at the recent Louisville Show, and only dealers were allowed inside accompanied by Winnebago.  Lichtsinn above (thanks Gary for the link!) is the only one that posted pictures to my knowledge.  More to come soon!  :)

Yeah, I was looking at that one.  It looks like they're getting back to the size A's used to be.

It remains to be seen whether people will buy that size & type of coach. Newmar introduced a mid-sized luxury Class A several years ago and it was a lovely coach but a  flop in the market place. Everybody talked about fuel economy and convenient sizing, but when it came time to buy they wanted 40+ footers with as many slides as possible. Most models under 34 feet have been dropped due to lack of buyers, not because the RV companies don't want to build them. In the luxury coaches, the even have trouble finding buyers for 40 footers - it's the 43-45's that are in demand (even now).

The layout of that Gulfstream Montaj, is nice, EXCEPT for the main bed in that corner in the back. How impractical!!! It is a bummer to make up a bed, stuck in a corner like that.........but then, I guess it is because those designers, never use motor homes!!!!!

Mariekie

RV Roamer said:
It remains to be seen whether people will buy that size & type of coach. Newmar introduced a mid-sized luxury Class A several years ago and it was a lovely coach but a  flop in the market place.

Newmar also introduced the Northstar (or North Star) a few years ago with I believe more headroom inside and it was not very successful. Now, more headroom is expected and is not a bonus feature.  Pretty tricky 'reading the tea leaves' to find out what will sell at a point in time.

I like that Montaj, except for that corner bed (had one of those in our Class C and do not want to go back). It lists a 60-gallon grey/black tank? Does that mean it all goes into one tank? Any idea on where the price is going to be?

Wendy

Montaj MSRP: $111,986

In the past, few customers have been willing to make the trade-off in headroom, bed access, interior and exterior storage space, etc. necessary to downsize a rig in any significant way.

The Via is at dealers, at least it is at Lazy Days.  One of my buddies called me while on a test drive this morning.  The interior shots are up on the Winne site now.  He tells me it has a good power.  The MSRP on the website is 135+k.  2 floorplans, T & R.  The R has a full wall slide.  Fridge is interesting, it hasd a removable shelf to change freeezer to fridge.  Nice for weekends when you need more room in fiidge and no freezer.  (NO Freezer?  Have to go out for ice cream!) 

Back
Top Bottom