Workhorse Fuses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank & Vicki

There are 2 fuse panels under the Dash Cover. I can't find any documentation identifying the fuses.
I have no power to my 12V socket on the dash and I can not find a blown fuse associated with it.
I had blown this fuse before and I thought I found the blown fuse in the small fuse block but does
not appear that any are blown currently. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I checked the
Winnie sight's Wiring Diagrams but it does not identify/name the fuses under the dash.
Thanks -- Frank O.

Just an idea here:  On my Winnebago the wire at the back of the socket had slipped of. You may have to remove the radio to get access to that tight spot.

I am not certain, but there may be an in-line fuse holder on the wire as well in that area.

carson FL

I can do some searching tomorrow but... On my Workhorse there is one panel under the dash (actually it is bolted in place near the floor below the parking brake) and a 2nd panel (Intelletec  Battery Control Center) under the hood.. Now.. I do not THINK the lighter is in the bcc

Here is how to test the fuses quickly

Get one of those test lamps.. Look like a screwdriver or ice pick with a bulb in the handle (I normally do not like these) or make a test lamp

I will tell you how to make it in a paragraph or two

Clip on a known good ground  And poke through the holes in the fuse.. Some of them will be DARK DARK, that's switched fuses, SOME will be BRIGHT BRIGHT, Those are good fuses

And one should be Bright/Dark (or the other way around) that is a blown fuse

How to build a test light

You will need

One lamp socket, License plate or marker light works well

One bulb, Marker light works well, that fits socket

Some wire, An alligator clip. and a pin, yes pin  Safety pin or straigh pin even a small finishing brad can be used.

Some tape or heat shrink tubing

Put alligator clip on one lead of socket

Extend other lead with wire (Cover joint with tape or heat shrink) and put the pin or brad on the end, solder this if you can (or use a "Butt" connector and crimp it well)

That's it

John,
Thanks for the info on the test light as I do have one. I am more interested in finding out the mapping of the fuses in the 2 boxes under the flip cover for the dash. I know there are additional fuses under the hood and by the foot which I do have info for. I think I can get info on the larger of the two under the dash from the WH Chassis Guide. It is the smaller one that I am having trouble identifying the identity of the fuses - there are slots for about 8 fuses but only five are used.
Frank O.

I will go out and snap a cell-phone photo that might help you with ONE of those fuse panels in a little bit..Forgot two thigns when I was out there

Snapped the photo.. The fuse I strongly suspect is the one I framed in white. This fuse is labeld "Aux Power" Any of the 10-20 amp fuses could be suspect however as could the two self-resetting circuit breakers at the bottom

I will try to get a better shot of this box later (or just note all the labels)  I can not find a 2nd fuse panel under my dash and of course I don't have a "Flip cover" over this box either  Though it's well bolted to the firewall

On edit.. I goofed, wrong fuse  When I went back and copied all the labels (the 2nd thumbnail) I was one fuse off

NOTE this is a 2005 W-series built Aug 2004 

Look at both photos, one shows the fuses clearly but not the labels  The other I typed In the labels and painted the Lighter fuse RED  If you have this block.. Odds are that's the one.. On my coach it's down below the parking brake on the firewall

Attachments

• Fuse Block.JPG
    Fuse Block.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Fuse-Block.JPG
    Fuse-Block.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 68
John,
What year is your MH and Chassis? Mine is an 06 Winnie on an 05 W22 chassis. I looked at the WH chassis manual and found some info on the
larger fuse panel under the flip top but not the smaller one.
Thanks -- Frank O.

Frank, I just saw this post, and need to go out tomorrow to check my unit.  I'm thinking we have in inline fuse to the outlet (?)  ???

My chassis is a 2005, was built in Aug 2004 but the vin says 05.

You keep mentioning 2 fuse panels ONE of those panels and only one is Workhorse,  The dash 12 volt outlet is on this panel more than likely.

The other panel is Winnie and I can't help you with it at all since My house is a Damon

So if that outlet is a chassis feature, as it is on mine,  And if your Workhorse fuse panel looks like mine.. That's it

if, on the other hand it's a House outlet, it's on the other panel and I have no clue

NOTE: the fuse block descriptor (left hand thumbnail) was in the bag with the manuals, Just a piece of "peal and stick" Damon could have pealed and stuck, but frankly I'm glad they did not as I put it where it's far easier for me to see when I need it

If it's a chassis outlet (like mine) and you can't find the sticker in your bag,, you might give Workhorse a call.. Alan may be able to E-mail you a copy of your fuse layout.. (he will need your VIN of course) for the chassis panel.

John In Detroit said:
I will go out and snap a cell-phone photo that might help you with ONE of those fuse panels in a little bit..Forgot two thigns when I was out there

Snapped the photo.. The fuse I strongly suspect is the one I framed in white. This fuse is labeld "Aux Power" Any of the 10-20 amp fuses could be suspect however as could the two self-resetting circuit breakers at the bottom

I will try to get a better shot of this box later (or just note all the labels)  I can not find a 2nd fuse panel under my dash and of course I don't have a "Flip cover" over this box either  Though it's well bolted to the firewall

On edit.. I goofed, wrong fuse  When I went back and copied all the labels (the 2nd thumbnail) I was one fuse off

NOTE this is a 2005 W-series built Aug 2004 

Look at both photos, one shows the fuses clearly but not the labels  The other I typed In the labels and painted the Lighter fuse RED  If you have this block.. Odds are that's the one.. On my coach it's down below the parking brake on the firewall

Several years ago I had found a freeware/shareware program that let one insert wording into a photo like what you did.  Unfortunately, I had a HD crash and lost the program.  What is the program that you used and is it freeware/shareware?

Well... Just so you know.

I used Windows PAINT

Standard with every version of Windows far as I know.. NOTHING special

I edited the photo size (making it longer) so I had some white space at the bottom

Typed the labels in the white space

Then clicked on the EDIT box, boxed the words and moved them to the places I wanted them

Then I re-edited size to the original size

So it was no special software at all save for Thumbs+ which I used to resize the shot to make the uploads smaller

Since I rarely if ever use Paint, I was not aware of that but will sure give it a try.  Thanks for the reply. :)

Well... If you do a lot of that kind of work, I understand there are better programs out there

However for the amount of picture editing that I do FREE beats.... Most everything

I can't find any blown fuses. I wish Winnie had marked the smaller fuse panel as I am sure that is the one. I had blown this fuse before
and if memory serves me right, the smaller fuse panel is where I found the blown fuse. However, the one I had replaced before is OK.
I only have the chassis battery hooked up so maybe the outlets are powered by the Coach batteries.
I will check this out next time at am at the storage facility.
Thanks  for eveyone's help -- Frank O.

Well as I said it depends on the outlet  12 volt outlet in my dash is a chassis item. Same as in the car

12 volt outlets elsewhere in the rig are "house" items... Including one that is on the firewall under the dash on the passenger side.

Back
Top Bottom