Small Passenger Bus prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herd

Hi, this is not quite about Rving but I think I'm putting in the right forum. I am on the Board of Deacons at my church and we have been saving for a new Church bus, something in the 15 passenger range as I think over that the driver would need a CDL. What we would want would be like about the size of a Class C, roomy with room for luggage, etc.

Since everything I read about Class C's being such a bargain these days, I thought maybe it's a good time to go after this church bus. We have $24k in our bus fund, and can tap another 5-6 or so. We are a small (100 active) church and most of us would prefer not to borrow, so I'm wondering how good of a bus or how close to new can we buy for 25-30K. Aren't the dealers giving big discounts as well on these things. tks you all for input.

Hi welcome to the forum.

I'm a little confused on your question.  Are you asking if a Class C would work as a church bus for approximately 15 people for your congregation? 

If so, the first thing to consider is that a Class C will not have seating for 15 people, who also need legal seat belts.  So, I'm not sure a Class C would fill your needs.  Perhaps a passenger cargo van would be a better solution.  I don't have any good information on passenger cargo Vans, but perhaps someone else on the forum would have some information for you.

Marsha~

You might want to look at the small buses that some communities use for a senoir bus.  Like Marsha mentioned a class C just doesn't seem to fit your needs.

I only referenced the Class C as I thought it would be similar in model, chassis, framework, engine specs, etc, as  would a 15 passenger bus type vehicle. Pls, omit the reference to Class C, I am just wanting to know if dealers are now discounting these bus type vehicles in a similar manner to how they're discounting Class Cs or other similar trucks/vehicles. tks again.

You might want to check with one of the bus conversion groups out there such as skoolie.net.  I've seen similar questions posted there before.  Frankly, assuming you don't require a brand spanking new bus, with that kind of budget you should be able to get exactly what your looking for with a little patience.

When I was shopping for my bus to convert, I saw several that matched your described needs for under $10,000 on auction sites like ebay, publicsurplus.com, and govdeals.com.

It sounds like what you want is a small shuttle bus, probably on a ford E350 or E450 chassis.  These are the little busses you see at the airport for hotel shuttles.  Something like eBay item # 320340473790 might do the trick for you.

I hope this helps,
jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom