2009 Texas Hill Country Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom, thanks for the links.  Here are more accurate coordinates for Spring Branch RV Resort: N29? 53.6675' W98? 24.6339'

Thanks Ned. I used their address, but will update with those coordinates. Google seemed confused when I used the Googlemap link on their web site.

Google maps has a problem locating addresses in Spring Branch, it usually shows a location in Houston.

Street Atlas 2009 gets close for the campground, but finds our local address accurately.

Ned said:
Street Atlas 2009 gets close for the campground, but finds our local address accurately.

OK, I see the difference. S&T has 2 listings for Spring Branch, TX; Comal county and "Houston neighborhood". Just have to click on the right one.  ;)

Jim and Tarry
Don and Mary Ann

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the rally.  As soon as you know you will be coming call the park or go to their website and make your reservations.  Mention the Texas Hill Country RV Forum Rally.

John and Jane

Looking forward to seeing you at the rally.  Also, glad to hear that you were able to get fuel filling taken care of.

Howdy, Lorna.

Jack and I will probably be able to make this rally!!  We are going to see the heart doc this week. Then I"ll know when tests might be scheduled for us.

We are still at the Lone Star Corral in Dhanis, TX. How's everything at your Texas ranchette?

Liz

Hi Jack and Liz,

Hope you can make the rally.  Good luck at the heart doc this week. 

Betty and I are planning to come.  We can only come for a couple of nights on the week-end, but It'll give us a chance to meet some of the folks I visit with online.

Larry, are you driving one of the tractors down? :)

I've got to pull the trailer with the truck, so we'll have a place to stay, so I can't drive it.

Betty could drive one down.  Lets see, that's about 180 miles @ 12mph, that's about 15 hours.  There isn't quite enough daylight, so she'd have to bring a tent and stay all night someplace along the way and leave a day early.  I've got to work on Friday morning and can't leave until after noon!!!  Na, I guess we better not bring one along.  It might cost me my cook!!!!

Larry

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife and glad you could come for a couple of days.  Please call the park and tell them you are with Texas Hill Country Rally. 

All of the rest that said they are coming don't forget to call the park for reservations or reserve on their website.

We will probably have a potluck and hopefully the men will agree to do a breakfast for us one morning.  Was thinking of omelets in a bag.

There are a number of things that we can do as tourists if anyone is interested.

Thanks Lorna.  I filled out their online reservation form this afternoon but haven't heard back yet.  I told them it would be part of the Texas Hill Country Forum Rally, so that should be taken care of.  If I don't hear back from them tomorrow, I'll call them in the afternoon.  We'll be sure to be prepared for a pot luck.  We're looking forward to meeting everyone.

Yesterday I stopped at Spring Branch RV Resort and talked to Robert, the owner, and he said that if you are planning on attending the 2009 Hill Country Rally to reserve now because they fill up on the weekends.  So far we only have two RV's reserved and three more that are planning on attending.  If you think you can attend, even for a couple of days, reserve now and if you can't make it you can cancel later without any charge.  Robert will try to put us all together and that's part of the reason for reserving early.

To get the discount we must have at least six.  Please call the park to make your reservations or go to their website and reserve online.  Once you have reserved please post on this thread so we know too.  Thanks.

Here is a list of the those reserved and those that are planning to come.

Ned and Lorna Reiter - Texas and Wisconsin
Larry Miller - Texas
John and Jane Canfield - Texas and Florida - Planning on coming
Don and Mary Ann Nesbitt - North Carolina - Planning on coming
Ray and Ladonna Baginski - Tennessee - Planning on coming

Don't pay the ransom; we will be joining you too.  We complete our volunteer stint here at Patagonia Sonita Creek Nature Conservancy on March 29th and are headed for south Texas.  We will plan to join you on April 2nd and remain untill the 4th.  I have made reservations on line.  Our friend Ed (and my sometimes traveling partner) will be with us.

We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

Goodness - I didn't realize the rally is in two weeks  :)  Just made on-line reservations.  Jane claims I didn't tell her about this, but I'm almost positive I did.  The beauty of the onset of maturity is when you realize you can't trust your memory any longer, so I can get away with almost anything  ;)

Back
Top Bottom