EPDM Coatings
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems Sponsored by RV Upgrades width= Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: Information on Overland Motor home  (Read 5592 times)

bkklett

• ---
Information on Overland Motor home
« on: February 19, 2009, 06:11:45 PM »
I recently bought a 524s Overland Motorhome. (1985) Just wanted to see if anyone had any information on it. The only thing I can find it was bought out by Mallard Coach in 1992. Other than that Nothing. Any information would be helpfull. A manual would be nice- But I know I am dreaming.  ;D
Thanks Brian

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
Re: Information on Overland Motor home
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 06:34:48 PM »
Brian

I do not know what happened between 1992 and 2001 but I remember seeing a number of Overlands in the mid to late 90s and they looked like a very nice coach. Overland closed shop in 2001 and I had special ordered (long story of coach never delivered) a coach built on a chassis that Freightliner had taken back from Overland after it closed.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

bkklett

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 07:15:05 PM »
Thanks for the info- Any helps. I also saw on the web Fleetwood bought out Overland so I am not sure who actually bought them out. . The coach is nice. I was told in 1985 it cost $38.000. This is only a 23 footer. Sounds like allot of money for the day. I just need to do some work on her. At least the chassis is a Chevy. SO I know I can still get those parts. ;D
Thanks again
Brian

Gary RV Roamer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • We're on the road again...
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:36:51 PM »
Overland has been in and out of business a couple of times over the past 15-20 years, sometimes as an independent but apparently as part of Mallard in the late 80's and very early 90's.  Never heard that Fleetwood had any piece of them, but I wouldn't swear it wasn't so.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition
2007 GMC Acadia
Homebase: Ocala National Forest, FL

davemittan

• ---
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:55:10 AM »
Now my curiosity is piqued.  I tried Googling Overland but couldn't find anything.  Can someone post some pics?

carson

• ---
  • memories of yore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 06:10:05 AM »
Mornin' Dave

Try this site and pick your choice, right here for a start.

carson
Carson, 
 West Central Florida
Ex RV'er. (1995 Winnebago Adventurer)
...Logic works like a charm...

davemittan

• ---
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 06:14:27 AM »
Thanks!  (I wonder why I didn't get that yesterday?)

Hey Brian - do you have pics of your rig?

bkklett

• ---
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »
I do not have any pictures yet. We are suppose to get snow tonight so I am not sure I would be able to get some soon. I live out in the country so if it snows we drift something fierce.  The information I found was from an email from another person looking for information on a slightly newer rig. He stated he talked to fleetwood. I am not sure how true this is. So far the only thing I do know it is hard to find information on the rig. I will try to take some pictures this weekend, and then someone will have to tell be how to post on here. Thanks for everyone's help and info.
Brian

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 09:29:13 PM »
Brian,

I will try to take some pictures this weekend, and then someone will have to tell be how to post on here.

Here's how to attach photos to your messages.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

davemittan

• ---
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
I do not have any pictures yet. We are suppose to get snow tonight so I am not sure I would be able to get some soon. I live out in the country so if it snows we drift something fierce.  The information I found was from an email from another person looking for information on a slightly newer rig. He stated he talked to fleetwood. I am not sure how true this is. So far the only thing I do know it is hard to find information on the rig. I will try to take some pictures this weekend, and then someone will have to tell be how to post on here. Thanks for everyone's help and info.
Brian

Here are three pics of Brian's Overland

tippleunduly

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 11:36:48 PM »
Hey, Brian

Overland was owned for its final years by Odessa Industries on Middlebury Street in Elkhart, Indiana. I bought an Odessa Lextra from them in 1992. In the few years afterward they seemed to concentrate on Overlands. They had some sort of marketing/sponsorship connection with NASCAR, or at least with some of the drivers. They went out of business in the next few years. They did make a quality coach then, but don't know anything about Overlands prior to that time. One thing that impressed me with Odessa's products was the full body paint. You didn't see that on as many coaches then. Good luck with your Overland!
Bill

Mr. D

• ---
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 04:59:45 AM »
Go look at page 8 of members rigs in the general discussion forum and you will see a picture of my 1989 Overland.