2009 Winnebago Grand National Rally roll call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Canfield

Site Team
Thanks to Mark (FrontRangeRVer) for reminding me to start a thread about the 2009 Winnebago Grand National Rally (GNR.) Jane and I went to our first last summer and had a great time of fellowship and learned a lot.

This is the link to the GNR registration form and other details, pictures of prior rally's, etc.

If you want to be in a 50 amp site, it might already be too late - they go quickly.  The disadvantage of the 50 amp sites is you will not be with your state area, or other special interest club.  (You are parked according to your preferences of a state or particular special interest club, i.e., No Tow Bagoes, LEO, Singles, Computer, etc.)

Chime in here if you are planning on attending and if you have any questions - this will be a sticky up to and including the rally.

Hiya,

Can you post details of the Rally please, i've just become a winnebago owner and would like the chance to attend a meet.

Thanks,

William

Hi William - a big welcome to the Winnebago world!  Yeah - I forgot to put a link in there for the rally. 

Every Winnebago owner needs to attend at least one GNR!  They are a lot of fun, it is a good chance to have factory service performed, Forest City is a really nice little town that epitomizes small town America, and the rally seminars are extremely informative.

Thanks John
Just saw this, and we are  looking into our plans, and if  it will be possible to attend.
Looks  very interesting, and fun.
Is there a certain group  you  should sign up to be with?
Or...just  your state....?
We do not belong to a state club...just WIT
alw

You can choose to be in any state row you want.  Since we now have a place in Texas, we asked for the Texas row (it was a little strange since our license plates are Florida.)  If you don't care about associating with your state, try to get a 50 amp site (although you might have a lot of fun getting associated with your state's club - we certainly did.)

The GNR is great fun - highly recommended  8)

Since the Winnebago-Itasca Travelers Club was founded in 1969, this is its 40th anniversary year.  This year's theme is "WITstock" - a take off on another big happening in the year of 1969.  Boy!  I can see all those sandals and tie-dyed shirts already! ;D

We wish we could attend, but we will with a WIT Tours caravan to Alaska.

Hi Frank!  You'll have a great time in Alaska - Jane and I enjoyed our summer there immensely.  Thanks for the additional background on this year's WIT.  I don't think we can make it either - we'll be in the North East early summer.  (The 'flower-child' era is one I can relate to very much!)

We also hope to be at the GNR. Luckily we are class c with 30 amp hookup as I believe the 50 amp sites are prone to lightning strikes.  ;)
We will be in the Idaho state line.

Jerry & Diane J
2006 Winnebago Outlook 25F

2bzrvn said:
... Luckily we are class c with 30 amp hookup as I believe the 50 amp sites are prone to lightning strikes.  ;) ...

Yeah, but only one particular site that we know of  :D

Jerry & Diane - welcome aboard - we're glad to have you as members!

We've made our plans!  We met so many people, had SO much fun and learned so much at all the seminars last year that we just couldn't pass it up this year!  We got a spot in the 50amp section.  I'm a spoiled brat...gotta make sure I have my A/C and my Advantium. 

Just got our Adventurer last year so this will be our first year attending and looking forward to it.

Yes John!  We DO know about that high voltage section!!  I just hope they didn't charge DriVer more $$ for all that extra current! 

They say lightning never strikes twice in the same place...does the whole 50amp section qualify as "the same place?"  LOL!

We plan to attend. We just purchased a 2008 Aspect 26A. I sent in my registration and was wondering how many attend the "pre-rally" events the week before? If you you are signed up to arrive on Sunday the 19th, will a camping spot still be available for you since you preregistered? I asume the early arrivals probably get the closer camping spots? Do most who attend take a toad with them?

They start parking you in your state row (or the 50 amp section) I think about five or six days prior to the rally start at your request for a nominal daily electric fee.  The earlier you park, the closer to the end of the row you are and the less of a 'zoo' it is.  If you wait to come in on the day of the rally, you might be in a line (they run two lines) of 20 rigs waiting to get checked-in and parked.

My guess is about 90% of attendees have toads, but you really don't need one thanks to the efficient rally people movers.  If you attend early, you will need a toad to get around town (or have dinner at the Branding Iron restaurant in Thompson, IA.)

There are quite a few rigs there pre-rally, but I can't make a guess of pre-rally tour attendance.  Don't hesitate to ask more questions!

Oh, and welcome!  We're very glad to have you!  Be sure and look around the various boards here and give the library a good look-see.  Let any of the staff know if you have any questions - they will be more than glad to help you find your way around.

See you at GNR John. I'll be there on MILWIT row.. 3rd year attendance..

I sure hope we don't have all that sat antenna interference problem with the local airport this year...FAA Safety guy was not happy with all that...especially on a Sunday morning.

Charlie

It looks like we will be able to make it. The ID state park where we will be park hosts is going to do the host switch over earlier than we thought.

I plan to fax the registration in today.

It looks like E section is full. I don't remember which section that is, but I plan to be in the SD row anyway.
Is there a map of the rally field online?

I really want to go on one of the plant tours. Is there any way to sign up for one in advance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom