2009 Winnebago Grand National Rally roll call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay L said:
It looks like E section is full. I don't remember which section that is, but I plan to be in the SD row anyway.
Is there a map of the rally field online?

I really want to go on one of the plant tours. Is there any way to sign up for one in advance?

Call Rosie Dirksen and ask about a plant tour (641-585-6464).

I thought there was a rally park map on-line, but I can't find it if it is.  I have one somewhere unless we pitched our GNR 2008 stuff.

Section D (50 amp) is at the far Southwest corner and E is the far Southeast corner (as I recall.)  Since the state rows are rotated every year, there is no telling where SD will be  :eek:  You might have a level row (like we did), or you might wind up with lots of boards under the jacks.  If it is a real unlevel site, the parkers will help you get situated - they carry lots of lumber with them!

The story of the rally park is an interesting one - it is natural Iowa rolling terrain which was one of the conditions of the land being deeded to Winnebago Industries.  It either was, or was going to be a golf course.  Don't remember all of the details, unfortunately.

Thanks for the number John.

I called Rosie and got her voice mail so I left her a message.

Got the registration form filled out and will mail it today.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and visiting with old friends we met at the factory in past years when we were having work done. A couple of them have said they will be there.

I have set up to have a windshield installed the week after the rally. Bernie initiated a work order so the correct windshield will be there at that time.

EDIT... Rosie called me back and Lee and I are signed up for a couple of the floor tours.  - Big Bertha and one other.

Clay - that's smart to have them arrange for parts you know you'll need!  We'll be in New England somewhere during rally time, so we will have to pass on it this year.

We will be in the Indiana row, our second GNR. From what members in our local WIT tell us hardly anyone is going.  Maybe a good year to get service done?

Bruce

Bruce - haven't heard about registration numbers for this year.  I expected last year's GNR to be lightly attended due to the price of fuel, but there was really good attendance (~1300 units.)  Last summer was bad news for some RV parks along the Interstates - we stayed at a cg near an Interstate (somewhere - the travels become a blur after a few thousand miles) and the owner said the previous year he was completely full almost every night.  That year (2008), he was running at maybe 50% capacity and he postponed capital improvements.

I'm guessing GNR will be well attended.  Wish I could go - we had a lot of fun last year.

John,

Sorry to hear you won't be there!  :'(  By count from our state President, there will be 10-12 less coaches in the Indiana row this year. FMCA is having their rally in Ohio at the same time and it seems a lot of folks are headed that way. 

We'll give this thread a bump, since it's been quiet for a month and just say we'll be at GNR for the fourth time in lower D. Will arrive a few days early and take in the Forrest City celebration, as well as dinner at the Branding Iron restarant in Thompson,Iowa.

From Winnebago's web site: ?To date, 1,175 coaches are registered, and we anticipate a total of 1,225 for our week-long event. That?s down only 20 percent from last year?s milestone event that celebrated Winnebago Industries 50th anniversary."

For the full story: http://investor.winnebagoind.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=85260&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1301066&highlight=

It's getting much closer and we are so looking forward to our first Winne Rally. We have acquired a spot in Lower D to have (hopefully) more room since we are traveling with our dog. Anyone else traveling with their dogs? Are their ample areas to exercise and bathroom them? 

You're scaring me with all this plug melting talk on 30 amp. We have run our A/C on 30 amps before and have not had a problem, is there something we should be aware of?

Can't wait to get there!

Everyone drive safe!

There are lots of doggies at the GNR and you shouldn't have a problem.

I suspect the primary issue of 30 amp service is the socket (the metal receiver) gradually looses temper and doesn't grip the plug blades tightly enough.  Then the plug/socket heats up due to the current flow, and it looses more temper, and heats up more, etc.  If the 30 amp outlet is in good condition, there shouldn't be the heating problem.  Since you are in section D, I think you have 50 amp service.

I'll start a new GNR sticky for a meet/greet/bulletin board so forum members at the GNR can communicate with each other.

I'm envious - have a great time! 

John,
According to the registration form;
LOWER D?Large sites/30 amps. Limited number available
SECTION E?Large sites/50 amps/Units over 36 ft. Limited # available
so it looks like we have 30 amps.

Sorry to hear that you can't make it, guess we'll just have to meet another time! Take Care and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom