Grim Mexico Statistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A recent article the Arizona Republic mentioned that the local universities, Arizona and ASU, are strongly suggesting that students NOT take their spring break in Rocky Point or other Mexican tourist gathering spots due to the dangerous conditions.

Read an article just a couple days ago warning about travel in Mexico.  They mentioned that there appears more visitors to Mexico are being attacted than they let on and the attacts are happening near popular places for visitors. 

When we were in Neuvo Progeso earlier this month, there were armed Federales at the south end of the bridge.  Never saw that in Algodones.

There's a police station on "the square" in Algadones. Local law enforcement can be seen occasionally coming and going on their bicycles.

Ned said:
When we were in Neuvo Progeso earlier this month, there were armed Federales at the south end of the bridge.  Never saw that in Algodones.

One can never be certain the armed Federales are good guys down there.

I know about the local policia in Algodones, but I've never seen Federales there like we did in Nuevo Progreso.

Of course, we haven't been to Algodones this year, so things may have changed.

No change when we were in Algadones after QZ  this year.

Algodones must be safer than Nuevo Progreso :)  That's the feeling we got this year, I just didn't feel as comfortable as in Algodones.  But we did find another excellent dentist but won't be getting glasses in NP (story for the campfire).

George

Ned and I are back at our lot until the end of April after a trip to the Valley.  Looking forward to the Hill Country Rally the beginning of April which is in another thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom