HELP ME my wifes not laughing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Marsha,

Didn't you guys take typing class in high school?

The boys took wood shop, metal shop, and technical drawing as the "hands-on" classes at grammar school, while the girls took cooking classes. The boys also played rugby and cricket while the girls played basketball and hockey.  ;D

is it possible you are color blind and really don't see the red underline on the misspelled word?

Chris tells me I'm color blind, but that's when I see a slightly different color or shade. I'd see a line even if I saw it as a dark color. Reality is that I'm not looking at the monitor. Like you, Chris types really fast without looking at the keyboard.

FWIW I also never learned to play the piano, which is one reason I have a heck of a time playing the electronic keyboard. The other reason is I didn't learn to read music; I signed up for music the first day at grammar school, brought home a violin and, after a few screeches, was told take it back and not bring it home again. I took a different subject instead  :(

Marsha/CA said:
Marsha~ who types NOT looking at the key board and uses all fingers.  However, I HATE to shop! 

Aaahhhh, Marsha.  After my own heart again!  I also hate to shop and would rather go fishing.   :D

Had to modify this message because I just remembered that Tom's Chris is a cracker-jack fisherwoman.  ;)

Margi

Marsha/CA said:
Darn, got so involved in using all my 10 fingers for typing that I forgot to add something to the last message.

Pat 723, why don't you let your wife pick out where "She" wants to go.  If you are trying to do fishing and shopping in the same area, pick several places where the fishing will work for you and let her choose.

Better yet, put a message on here asking women where their favorite place to shop and camp is located.  Bet you get a bunch of ideas.  You could also join in on of our rallys, we have lots of women shoppers who would love to go shopping with your wife.

BTW, I'd rather go fishing!

Marsha~

VERY Good Marsha,

As a new topic or under this one ???

Pat

Marsha, my mother made me take typing in summer school during my junior high days.  It was one of the smartest things she ever did for me.  Touch typing has served me well over the years, in college and then in the work force.  When I watch some 2 finger typists at work, I wonder how they ever communicate.

However, I did work for a druggist in high school and he could type a drug label in seconds using two fingers on a manual typewriter.

Pat, how about a new topic.  I'd hate to see you "weeding" through this thread trying to find the interesting camping/shopping messages.   ;)

Margi, I knew there was a reason I instantly liked you.  However, I did NOT know that Chris Jones was a cracker jack fisherwoman.  I'll have to pursue that info.

Marsha~

When I watch some 2 finger typists at work, I wonder how they ever communicate.

Reagan, "the communicator" hand wrote all his letters  ;)

Ned said:
Marsha, my mother made me take typing in summer school during my junior high days.  It was one of the smartest things she ever did for me.  Touch typing has served me well over the years, in college and then in the work force.  When I watch some 2 finger typists at work, I wonder how they ever communicate.

However, I did work for a druggist in high school and he could type a drug label in seconds using two fingers on a manual typewriter.

Ned

very SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW thanks for asking ;D

Pat

Marsha, and others,

I did take typing in high school and assure you that all my smart a$$   dumb replies are typed using both hands :D, but sometimes use of eyes and mind may appear optional (or at least questionable).

I guess I'm lucky in that both my traveling companions, Jane and Reddog, would rather go fishing than shopping also.

we've yet to arrive in a strange town where Chris can't find shops within a driveable distance.

Yeah, but I've seen  the odometer when Chris & Nancy come back from a bit of shopping.  A "drivable distance" is measured in three digit numbers and I'm not talking about yards!  :-\

Yeah, but I've seen  the odometer when Chris & Nancy come back from a bit of shopping.

Aye Gary, but you and I got some peace and quiet that day. Did you notice they didn't need a GPS to find the stores?

LOL Pat. The first picture was taken on dry land.

Tom said:
Aye Gary, but you and I got some peace and quiet that day. Did you notice they didn't need a GPS to find the stores?

I strongly suspect that the ladies have a built in home device to guide them to the shopping centers. ;D

Firefox flagged hoing as a spelling error...

Ned, you need to get your spiel chucker dictionary updated. "Hoing' is a perfectly good modern American word, i.e the present participle of the verb "to ho".  Ex: I was out hoing out on the street corner the other day...  ;)     Oh never mind - I've had a long day and probably have ingested too many anti-stress liquids...  ;D ;D ;D

Pat, I did say SOME ;)

To get back on topic, our winter quarters are at least 15 miles from any sort of shopping, and 30 or so for serious shopping.  But there's a big lake just a few miles from here.

Did you notice they didn't need a GPS to find the stores?

I DID!  More important, they didn't need one to find their way back to the campground. I attribute THAT to Chris, since Nancy is well known for finding shopping anywhere but having to call for directions home. Or asking the local gendarmes for guidance home. Witness: the [infamous] Suwanee Seven!

Gary, my online dictionary has no definition for hoing, sorry.  Have another adult beverage :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom