Refrigerator help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almost13ranch

I'm trying to trouble shoot and figure out how to operate a Dometic RM2553 3 way refrigerator. I don't have the owners manual and I'm not clear on the operation. It seems to work on AC and DC, but the only way I can get it to work on gas is to block the start button on, and light the burner with a match. It seems like it should light by it self. Can anyone direct me or direct me to a trouble shooting guide?

Click the Resources button above and scroll down to links to owners manuals.

OK, I got it to work. I'll let you know in case it would be of some help to someone else in the future. I thought ( and was told ) the re-igniter might be bad. Bought a new on and found that the ground wire to the old one was broken. repaired that but still nothing. I could block the start switch open and light it manually, but suspected that when it got to temperature it wouldn't relight. I wasn't getting 12 volts to the re-igniter, though all of the connections were good. I traced a wire that went into the wall next to the refrigerator and remembered there was a rocker switch there that no one could tell me what it was for. You guessed it, it turns the 12 volt on and off to the re-igniter. Flipped the switch and it started to work. We bought this camper used from a dealer and couldn't contact the previous owner to ask questions. Now, I need to find out what the key switch on the outside of the back door does.........

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully, that will save someone else scratching the head at a later date.

Strange - I wonder why somebody (the manufacturer?) put a switch on the re-igniter circuit? The installation specs certainly don't require one and in fact says to connect it direct to the battery via a fuse.  Oh well, each RV has its own little mysteries and I'm glad you solved this one so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom