5th wheel security

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navara

Any chance of a Brit' picking your brains please guys?

I'm about to purchase my first 5ver for use in the UK.
As these are a VERY rare beast in the UK, spares are difficult to source and most has to come from your side of the "pond".

What I'm looking for is a U.S based supplier who would ship a fifth wheel pin lock to the UK for me.
If anyone knows of a U.S supplier who will ship internationally, I'd be gratefull to hear.

Thanks.

NB.  Cross posted in the 5th wheel section........if that's OK? ;D

Hi Navara
i just flew back from the states yesterday ,could have brought one back for you .

Campingworld ships worldwide if they sell them.

RV Conections  in Kissimmee ships to the UK all the time ,using a shipper originally from Sidmouth.
If you want their details i will pm you
Ian

[quote author=Ian H]Campingworld ships worldwide if they sell them. RV Conections  in Kissimmee ships to the UK all the time...[/quote]

Good to know that Ian.

If you want their details i will pm you

Why not post the information here, so others can benefit in the future.

My brother in law raps a heavey duty chain around the king pin and puts a heavy duty lock on.  You need a torch to cut through.  This may be an alternative to buying a commercial lock and cheaper!

Bill T

navara said:
Any chance of a Brit' picking your brains please guys?

I'm about to purchase my first 5ver for use in the UK.
As these are a VERY rare beast in the UK, spares are difficult to source and most has to come from your side of the "pond".

What I'm looking for is a U.S based supplier who would ship a fifth wheel pin lock to the UK for me.
If anyone knows of a U.S supplier who will ship internationally, I'd be gratefull to hear.

Thanks.

NB.  Cross posted in the 5th wheel section........if that's OK? ;D

If you haven't got one by the time I come back in September(ish) let me know and I'll bring you one - just missed me this time - arrived home in UK on Mar 11, last week.....  I use one from Camping World on my own trailer.

Thanks for the offer macman (Macman, as in Macclesfield by any chance? ;D) its very much appreciated.
As it happens, Linda from Stateside Tuning has sourced one for me.
Cheers! ;D

navara said:
Thanks for the offer macman (Macman, as in Macclesfield by any chance? ;D) its very much appreciated.
As it happens, Linda from Stateside Tuning has sourced one for me.
Cheers! ;D

Nah - mac is my usual user name on forums but was already in use here.  Not very creatively I chose macmac  ;D - I live in Mansfield.  :(

glad you're sorted...

Back
Top Bottom