What is so great about this Forum ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat723

The People ( friends & Framily ) :)
Help ( some one out here always willing to help :)
Information ( lots of it  ;D )
If it happen to you, it more then likely happened to some one else first.
The cost is free ( but it cost money to keep this Forum up and  running ) donation only no set fees

Okay, now you tell me what you like about this Forum
Pat

fiends & Framily

We may have had a fiend or two but mostly a lot of friends :)

The greatest thing about this forum is the number of fiends friends we've made over the years.  We see more of our forum friends than we do of people we've known for many more years.

Same here we seem to see more of the Framily than other friends.  Have met a lot of very nice folks here.  It is a big happy framily.

Without a doubt it is the people and their attitudes.  Pretty much without exception this forum consists of friendly people who will bite their tong when someone posts a response contrary to their opinion.  I have seen other forums where things can get ugly.... but no ours!

Being able to present a question/ hypotheses and get an opinion from a great variety of people is of great value. Then one has to sift through the opinions and go with what you truly believe. After that, one has to trust but verify....on your own.

Being able to disseminate good info which you would never get by sitting at home on the sofa.  ;D

carson FL

Interesting

For me it's the people.  Some world class people I have met via the forum and that have enriched my life.

Secondarily it's the expert knowledge that is available and freely shared.  I continue to be impressed with the effort that the framily makes to provide good information. 

Early on I realized that the subject and concerns on the forum were things, places, and people.  Initially folks are concerned with the technicalities of rv'ing, then where to go in their rvs, but finally and ultimately enjoying the framily either in person or via the forum.

Fred Thomas once said that "<insert favorite quote>"

Joel

Ned said:
We may have had a fiend or two but mostly a lot of friends :)

The greatest thing about this forum is the number of fiends friends we've made over the years.  We see more of our forum friends than we do of people we've known for many more years.

Thanks Ned ;) for the spell check
Pat

The welcome feeling you get that was my first thought and I have only been here a couple days Thanks to all that contribute so much knowledge to this forum. Great Job!

I have gotten some great advice from some of the members of RV forum. Everyone is very helpful and positive.  I have entered other travel chat rooms and was blasted for disclosing I was planning to travel in a "gas guzzling, un-earth friendly RV"  The nerve of us!!!!   

For me it's all the great info. Also reading where people have been, so when We retire (13months) I know of good places to go & where to stay when We get there (boy are there a Lot of places in this great Country to see & We would like to see all We can) . Not to mention ALL the friendly people on the site!!  ;D

Definitely the quality of the people......  and a steady hand at the tiller.  The rest just naturally follows.

I particularly appreciate the lack of one line fly-by zingers.

I would say it is the people, too.  There are a lot of experienced people who don't mind sharing their thoughts and knowledge with those of us who are less experienced.

Lou,
I particularly appreciate the lack of one line fly-by zingers.

I'll second that. Actually, we've had them. BUT, there is some sort of chemical incompatibility, here. They evaporate. They're sizzling gone!  ::)

I have, a few times, checked back within seconds, and they are not there!  ;D

I love it!  :D

Ray D  ;D

[quote author=Ray D]I have, a few times, checked back within seconds, and they are not there![/quote]

That's our instant evaporation feature  ;D

I can't even begin to describe what this forum has meant to us over the last almost 15 years of participation.   But, I'll try.  :D

We have met the most amazing people (on line and in person), shared the most amazing stories, shared some world class potlucks, heard and told travel tales, shared scary medical issues, bailed each other out of dumb rookie (or not so rookie) RVing mishaps, given each other travel advice, laughed together over common no-brainer mistakes and misjudgements.

I would encourage each and every person viewing this RV Forum online to make the effort to meet your framily friends at a rally or small get-together.   Participating in this forum dialogue guarantees that you and your fellow contributers have two interests in common:  RV travel and computers.   The third or fourth interest in common develops quite quickly.  Off-road exploratiion?  Photography?  Shopping?  Antiique hunting?  Caching?  Fishing?   Golfing?   Books?  Geneology?  Sittin' 'round talkin'.  (My favorite.)  The possibilities are endless.  

Participating in this forum has been one of the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences of our retirement years.   Thank you, Tom Jones, for continuing Ed Juge's legacy and providing us all with this neat place to "be" online.

Margi

Margi

1) The many wonderful friends we have made (and I do mean close friends, not just acquaintances)  :)
2) The advice and conversation we share  8)
3) The chance for me to pontificate at will!   ;D

I've only been around a couple years, and most of the time just reading, but from what I've seen, you're all absolutely correct. I'm really excited about the years ahead and the opportunities to visit and meet a bunch of swell folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fairly new here, and after being a big contributor on other RV related forums, I prefer this one due to the following reasons:

1.  The people here are MUCH friendlier and consider the others "family", which I appreciate immensely.
2.  No sponsorship, which deletes the bias toward the moderators pushing the sponsors products all the time.
3.  No "cheerleading" for a certain make and model of coach or chassis.
4.  Quality of answers vs. Quantity.
5.  No "sponsors" posts which push their own products.

Thanks Tom for providing this outlet for us, and I would remind others that there is a "Donate" button in the toolbar at the top of each page for people to donate money.  I have no doubt that the small donations aren't enough to keep this site running without some monetary input by Tom. 

Thanks Tom for providing this outlet for us, and I would remind others that there is a "Donate" button in the toolbar at the top of each page for people to donate money.  I have no doubt that the small donations aren't enough to keep this site running without some monetary input by Tom. 

Thanks for reminding us about that Donate button!

I can't begin to tell you how grateful we are to have found this forum! My husband and I are the only RV'ers in both of our families. Neither one of us really did much camping as kids, either. So, it was great to stumble upon the forum and have a group of experienced people where we could ask questions, get advice, opinions, etc. You all have helped us out with some big decisions and helped us make informed choices. And since we don't have any experienced family we could ask, we asked the 'framily' when we needed help!
What I really like about this forum, as opposed to others I frequent (some RV related, some not) is that there are no catty, snide remarks. No innuendos, no potty mouth language (#$@*!). No smarty pants, no one making fun of us for asking 'stupid' questions, etc.  When I log onto the forum, I feel like I'm catching up with old friends...even though we haven't met! And, when I walk away from our computer, I can have real answers and suggestions for the question or problem that my husband and I have. And that's what WE  think is great about this forum!  ;D
So, thank you, thank you, thank you from LuAnn and Mike!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom