Possible to Move or Remove a Bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdkNorth

Hey RVers. A bed-rearranging scenario I'm curious about. We've narrowed our purchase down to either a 1995 Prowler 31' or a 1997 Layton 31'. Unfortunately, I can't check it out myself just now - We're a few hours away from both of these.

#1 - In the Prowler, I'm wondering if I could move the bed base to the side wall instead of where it is on the back wall. (It's the usual kind that flips up for storage underneath.) Can the bed base usually be fairly easily unattached and moved without tearing up the particle board bed frame? Also - Does the carpet normally continue under the bed, so there's not a bare spot left?

#2 - In the Layton, I'm thinking I might just take the back bed out entirely. Depends on the comfortability of the pull out. I have a lightweight digital piano that will need a home somewhere, so we were thinking of making the back bedroom "the piano room."  ;D  (Don't worry - It's only about the weight of a good sized person.) We only need one bed, and if the pull out couch is comfortable enough, it might make sense. Same question - Any experience with whether the carpet extends underneath the bed base?

I don't know about the 1995 but our 1992 Prowler 32' had the fresh water tank under the bed making it nearly impossible to move the bed.

Don't know for sure about those, but under my bed is carpeting all the way to the front of the trailer.  It doesn't look like the frame is held down very securely, more held down by gravity (weight of the bed board and mattress) than anything.  But as Ned said, there may be other stuff under there as well...mine is nothing but storage though.

Most pull out sofa beds are not very comfortable, but I've seen where some folks have done some pretty innovative things to greatly help it. 

Back
Top Bottom