Goodyear Ballpark, Goodyear, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Decided to trek up to Goodyear from Gila Bend, AZ yesterday to catch the Indians vs. Cubs MLB spring training game. The new facility is only about 40 miles from Gila Bend. A very nice way to spend an afternoon under warm AZ skies.  :)

http://www.goodyearaz.gov/index.asp?NID=1119

Next year the Reds will move their spring training to Goodyear -- which will be great for me (and Goodyear  :)). I am from central Kentucky and grew up as a Big Red Machine fan.

Have attached a few pictures I took to demo how nice the atmosphere is for a baseball game. Got my ticket on-line and nailed a seat about 10 rows behind home plate. Pic 20 was taken from there. Note the ball after leaving the pitchers hand - and the attempted steal (that was successful) to third base. BTW, the Indians won 5 to 4.

A final pleasant surprise was that Bob Feller (90 years old) was there doing autographs. His bio and career accompishments are described on this site:

http://www.bobfellermuseum.org

Attachments

• IMG_1405Small.jpg
    IMG_1405Small.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1406Small.jpg
    IMG_1406Small.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1410Small.jpg
    IMG_1410Small.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1420Small.jpg
    IMG_1420Small.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 45
  • BobFellerSmall.jpg
    BobFellerSmall.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 38
Bob

You should have given us a call, we only live a couple of miles from the park. We went Saturday for the open house, nice looking park, great for the fans.

meyerhaus said:
Keep a seat warm for me...I can't wait to see my Redlegs there!

Jon

Only 11 months to go. With all of the other parks so close, you can easily :D see them every day during next March.

And Tank Mountain Park has a campground. On the way back there from the ball park you can stop on the road on the north end of Luke AFB and watch airplanes. ;)

Actually, the Estrella Mountain county park is much closer to the ballpark and has full hookups.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom